2016-17 Football Season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Jul 1, 2016.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

FIFY ... and you knew this. :D

2. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Brain cramp on the hulkster, or just wishful thinking. Raekwon Davis should have been the freshman answer for miss vball who could make some headway in the pecking order. But discouraging to hear about the possible "academic redshirt" on Davis. Jamar King feels like a must qualifier now.

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

The Academic Redshirt is the worst case scenario. He'll still be able to practice which is a hell of a lot better than being a NQ. It's a freakin' .05 class credit. Let's see how this works out with the appeal considering his college course work over this summer.

New rule so it's uncharted territory, so to speak.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  4. TUSKtimes

So we don't have to recruit these beasts again. I don't know too many times these appeals have been known to work, but that is ridiculously close.

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

The problem lies with his high school. He was told by his guidance counselor he had all of his core credits completed. Here's where it gets a little weird. His GPA and test scores are fine. He's in summer school and his classes are going well. But, with the Clearinghouse they are looking at those transcripts from high school that say he's a half a credit short.

I see a lot of threads running today about both Davis and Emmons. As near as I can figure, it all started with this thread over on TD.

What kills me is seeing so many people ask about the new eligibility standards when these were announced roughly four years ago .

TUSKtimes likes this.
  6. TUSKtimes

If it just kicked in this year, it's suddenly the new reality. It's good you're paying attention anyway.

Brian likes this.
  7. TUSKtimes

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Sounds like a personal vendetta to me. ON THE FIRST effin day! Like it was something he did THAT day?!?! Bullshit. Gus wanted to act like a tough guy in front of the team/media. No way it had to go down like it did, I'd bet. Think about it- who in the hell can't live up to AUBURN standards? I thought that was where all the Bama Rejects ended up.

9. TUSKtimes

From interviews, it took the players totally by surprise. Which suggest it may have been something between Gus and Jovon. But you talk about lighting a fire under your own butt, Gus just took a torch to it. The barn was set up this season for Jovon Robinson, Roc Thomas, and Peyton Barber. They will have none and that is about as an amazing a running back situation as I've ever seen without anyone being injured. The drop off in talent is crazy after that. They have Kerryon Johnson a very talented back but a lightweight who is coming off shoulder surgery. They just got a 3* freshman from Baylor and then there are a bunch of H-backs like Pettway that have to carry the load running the ball. All this and major QB issues.

I think Duke Williams situation last season is scaring the Gus bus. He felt he hurt the team chemistry by allowing him all those second chances. But Jovon has an active twitter account and he's already warming up to his side of the story. A matter of time.

10. TUSKtimes