2015 Saints Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by fanatic, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

No WR pick would be the big problem I see. Lets hope they can find a free agent. I would say at this time next years first round pick would be locked at WR again. They need a big body.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The last couple of drafts were loaded with WRs, no reason to spend a first round pick there. The pick we wasted in the 3rd could have netted a quality WR or pass catching TE.

3. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Yeah, I don't know how I feel about that pick yet, for the immediate we could use anything tbh. If it works out, and he develops and they know what they have. Then we move on from Brees (see Aron Rodgers). Maybe get a trade, or at minimum clear the cap space. However what we save from moving on is tempered in having to redo Grayson's contract. No way its close to Brees' deal, but it would have to be done at year three.

This pick plus them not restructuring Brees' deal shows me this is their thinking. I personally think Breesus proves them all wrong, and does play into his 40s. And wins us another few Superbowls for the black and gold.

4. TwistedTiger

I'm not anti Grayson, but the comparison I've been hearing, but is a little off. In Favre's last few seasons the Packers were competing for Superbowls. They didn't have glaring holes and couldn't win the weakest division in the history of the NFL. The Saints don't have the luxury of wasting picks if they plan on competing during Brees final years. Quality player, just a bad pick IMO if your trying to scratch your way back to being relevant.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

According to Payton, they revamped their entire draft process and evaluated the players they picked differently in years past. Obviously, only time will tell if it paid off.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Here he is. Entering second year on the team, I think this guy could be the next Colston.

7. TwistedTiger

I felt that they took an entirely different approach, but what I got from this interview with SP is that they didn't do much if anything different. Not sure it it's just coach speak or not, but he sounds sincere.
    http://www.neworleanssaints.com/med...ts-draft/d40cc942-6c00-4ad3-9ba3-ed0bbf204eaf

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Let's hope so. Payton was talking up toon like he was the next one to be the guy.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Sounded like when I heard him speak that they've gone the Patriots route all these years drafting smart fellas. They need to get a little more tougher guys as well imo.

10. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Yeah I read on ESPN about these undrafted guys from the practice squad, after my post. I am hoping they pan out, but we will see who makes the team. And who can prove their worth on the field.