2015 QB Justin McMillan Commits to LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSUDad, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Yea I think I mentioned, like Rivers, in my original post.

How many QB's out there have lit it up in high school, and not made it at the next level? Or even made it in college and looked like a bust in the NFL? Probably about as much as the diamond in the rough finds.
    Obviously, we won't know what McMillan can do until he gets some playing time with the big boys, which is still a few seasons away. But I saw he had an awkward delivery, seems like you agreed.

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I'll see if I can find it for you, there was a write-up about the failures of the top 5* QB's over the years. More than 50%, so a great rating and getting offers, doesn't make a great college QB. Same with going into the PRO's with college QB.

LSU offered a kid last year that blew out his knee, didn't get to play more than a couple plays his Sr year. Right now this kid is the starting on the DL as a True Freshman.
    As for awkward delivery, that's the least of my worries, I tell people all the time, you can play football or you can't. It's not that hard to figure out. The kid just plays football, that's what coaches want. Haven't seen many schools win state in Tx with bad QB's

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
    HalloweenRun likes this.
  3. ScottforJC

ScottforJC It's never over until God says its over-Sid Ortis

FWIW, heard the ex Bama and pro quarterback, Scott Hunter, talking about QB's delivery yesterday on the radio. His opinion is that if the ball consistently gets where it's supposed to be when it's supposed to be there, the delivery doesn't matter.

LSUDad likes this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Like I said, you can play football or you can't!

HalloweenRun likes this.
  5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Rohan Davey had a weird delivery as well. I'm less interested in his delivery and more interested in his timing and accuracy. Bernie Kosar, Phillip Rivers, Brady Quinn, Byron Leftwich, David Carr, etc. all had strange deliveries and had good careers.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I remember seeing Rohan in the Ga Dome after he had finished high school, right before he got to LSU. He was in the All-Star game between Fla and Ga players. Didn't take long to see how good he was.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Hmmm a pro style qb eh?

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

What % of high school teams run a Pro-style offense?

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Word is that he is set to enroll early

10. SpasticGramps

SpasticGramps Founding Member

The only thing that concerns me about delivery is the speed and consistency. If it's wonky and slow that's a concern. If it's wonky, but fast and accurate then who cares? Footwork is more important than the mechanics of the delivery as long as it's fast and accurate.

Delivery mechanics are like golf swings. There have been some great golfers with "awkward mechanics" (Jim Furyk, Arnold Palmer). Swing purists vomit when they watch those two, but the ball got where it needed to go consistently.

If he has half a brain and is coach-able it's an upgrade from what we have.

ParadiseiNC and shane0911 like this.