2015 DE Arden Key Commits to LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 6, 2015.

1. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

Still not much of a believer in this scheme....don't care if they implement it perfectly:
    1) 85 overall limit still applies..can't get around that
    2) who on the planet earth wants a roster loaded with RS FR and TR FR who may not even be around their SO season when they have to make room for the next class oversigning
    3) obviously a lot of marginal players are involved. TN has always been an "offer everybody" school. That goes back decades because TN is such a weak HS football state overall that they have to recruit more states than say LSU does

I know it is frustrating sometimes to us LSU fans like we aren't recruiting/offering enough players but I would rather go after quality than quantity. Having a young team every single year like TN does is NOT the way to win...at least not in the SEC.

red55 and LSU John like this.
  2. LSU John

LSU John Freshman

Thank you all for the info. I just read in the local paper that Tenn is offering preferred walkon scholarships tp 3 players. I agree quality outshines quanity. Letting players go will catch up on the Vols and Butch . Geaux tigers and gl to them on signing day..hope we get Leo Lewis

LSUDad likes this.
  3. LSU John

LSU John Freshman

whats up with deondre clark..de committ from 2014..and the lb we got from ill..i think his name is clifton garrett..are they still in the mix for playing time in 2015..

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What in the world is a walk-on scholarship?

5. EyeoftheTiger 2015

Actually, Deondre Clark had some quality PT along with Sione Teuhema. I saw potential in each but of course we need to see more. The real milk carton candidates are Herron, Gilmore, and to some extent Bain and Neal. Those guys have been at LSU for 2 years and supposed to be the future DL and haven't panned out as much as TR FR Godchaux, Teuhema, and Clark. Garrett played a little on special teams but supposedly had some conditioning issues related to the heat of the south. His redshirt was burned but that doesn't matter much these days. If he turns out to be a stud, he wouldn't be around 4 more years anyway. If he ends up being a bust, who cares if he played special teams as a TR FR.

LSU John likes this.
  6. EyeoftheTiger 2015

"preferred walkon scholarship" is a guy who walks on but if someone leaves the team or perhaps the next year, he supposedly is first in line to get a free ride. LSU is getting at least one of those. A QB out of FL named Lewis? is going to be a preferred walkon. I believe he was the FL 2A player of the year and his team won 2 state championships. That was 2A of course and I think Florida goes up to 6A in HS size.

7. LSU John

LSU John Freshman

i stand corrected..i shouldnt have put scholarship with preferred walkon..but eye of the tiger is correct

EyeoftheTiger 2015 likes this.
  8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I know what a preferred walk-on is. But it doesn't come with a scholarship, I wondered what he meant.

9. LSU John

LSU John Freshman

Tomorrow is like Christmas for us recruiting fanatics..I'm hoping LSU gets 2-3 commits over what they have now and its good for what the team needs..GEAUX TIGERS

islstl, LSUDad and EyeoftheTiger 2015 like this.
  10. EyeoftheTiger 2015

Really need 3 for total success.....Dillon, Lewis, and Weathersby. Get those 3 and I'm :D

islstl and LSUDad like this.