2014 WR Trey Quinn Commits to LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by TwistedTiger, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

Quinn might be the greatest ever. He is currently at 4,599 receiving yards for his career. Last season as junior he caught 115 passes for 2,144 yards and 26 touchdowns.... and he only needs 1,269 more to break former Evangel and LSU receiver Abram Booty's state record. Quinn needs 1,758 yards to surpass national record holder Dorail Green-Beckham who is now at Missouri.

On his film up there, his speed is the first thing that jumps out at you, and the Times Picayune is reporting he runs a 4.38 forty

red55 likes this.
  2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Pretty good player and as you said had upside. LSU hasn't targeted him given the other guys on our board. Think he is announcing this month and I think it will be Ole Miss or Okie St.

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

He is committing this afternoon. I ran a search here on his name while wondering why I haven't seen a written offer from LSU for Sims. The LSU staff (Stud and Cam) have visited Sims since his unofficial to Okie State.

Why do you even consider the "cow pokes" in the running? From what I"ve been told this has been a Bama / Ole Miss battle for awhile now and if what I've heard for the last few months is correct he's headed to Tuscaloosa.

4. bhelmLSU

LSU evaluate him early and at last year's camp where he didn't do very well. It would be surprising to see him at UA. All I have heard is that he didn't have a commitable offer to UA. I would assume maybe Cam Robinson has a little to do with him getting an offer now if he indeed has one now. A family friend told me he liked Okie St. He has upside but no serious attention given Quinn, Noil, Dupre in state to go along with the 2 WRs we already have committed.

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

If I recall correctly, he received his committable offer following camp in July.

I don't get your thought process in Sims and Robinson's offers being linked. I realize both are from Monroe, but neither have made it a point to camp together, take visits together, etc. The only connection I'm aware of is they share the same primary recruiter.

6. bhelmLSU

They are best friends and former teammates. Very close...Took visits together as well. Can't hurt with Cam.

I have read bama sources saying that Bama wasn't ready to take his commit and wanted further evaluation before accepting commit but Sims wanted Bama all along. Seems to be the same word coming from people close to Sims over here. I heard he would have committed months ago. Only until very recently has the Bama writers started making their predictions to Bama at least on BOL.

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I was outside doing a little lawn work and remembered their history. Heck, known each other since mid-elementary I believe. Hey, I must be getting old if it takes that long to remember something, eh?

The folks I've talked to about Sims were not from the BOL staff though they do cover recruiting professionally.

According to a text I just received he's got Bama and Southern hats on the table. (Can't help but admit the idea of him committing to Southern and seeing the subsequent meltdown from some folks is somewhat appealing.)

8. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

TigerTap and Contained Chaos like this.
  9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

On the verge of breaking Dorial Green-Beckham's national career record for receiving yardage at the high school level.

Last week he broke the Louisiana record held by Abram Booty.

Green-Beckham ended up with 6357 yards.

Going into the last regular season game this week, he was 475 yards short of the national record.

He ended the season last night with 298 yards receiving, now needing only 177 yards and the playoff games all count. If they get to the 2nd game, he should break it, and I think they will be heavily favored to win their first playoff game.

The kid is unreal.

TigerTap likes this.
  10. acemic

acemic Founding Member

How many games on the high school sch