2014 WR Speedy Noil Commits to Texas A&M

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Dec 16, 2013.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I can see what you're saying, and it definitely looks like a promising offense at aTm for a wr.

Of course I would hope he would look at the wr's LSU has put in the NFL running a mostly prostyle O the past decade.

2. cajdav1

Yep, we need AJ to have a great game, then have JJF get hurt and his back up play terrible!

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Did manziel announce he is gone? I'm sure he is but it would not surprise me a bit if he came back for another run at it.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well an offense under Sumlin isn't what I would characterize as "promising", it delivers year in and year out. It's about as guaranteed as it's going to get for a WR or elite playmaker. Noil is both of those combined in 1. He is a perfect chess piece in Sumlin's offense.

LSU's track record is outstanding in the WR department going to the Pros as we have discussed. Even with the lack of a high powered passing game over these many years. Mettenberger this season is about as close as we have ever come to that kind of offense. But as long as Leslie is in charge, this will be a run heavy offense.

LSU = 61 % run, 39 % pass
    A&M = 49 % run, 51 % pass

5. islstl

That dude is gone. Nothing to prove, can only get injured (and he actually did this year so there's that).

6. cajdav1

According to Gil Brandt of NFL.com, both Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel and WR Mike Evans have reportedly decided to enter the 2014 NFL Draft. He Tweeted this...

quote:

"@Gil_Brandt No surprise but Manziel and Evans will be playing final college games tomorrow, multiple sources tell me. #TAMUvsDUKE"

7. islstl

There ya go.

Just checking last year's recruiting class for A&M, not as overloaded as I thought at WR. They did get 4 high profile WRs and a couple of other athletes that may end up playing WR or some hybrid multi-purpose back position (ala Darren Sproles). This year they have only 2 that they have gotten.

So I don't think A&M is hindered by an over abundance of WR recruitment these past 2 years anymore than LSU.

8. cajdav1

Yes, but look at the atm wr stats and our two receivers stats. Of course we only have one year to reference from both offenses so far but lsu looks good.

9. islstl

Oh yes indeed this was a great year for LSU to boast about it's WR position (best duo in the nation hands down). So that can go a long way in getting Noil here.

My concern all along was Noil coming into an already crowded WR class with exceptional players like Quinn and Dupre, not to mention Upchurch. I definitely see Quinn playing the slot in a conventional pro-style set. So now you're talking Noil and Dupre, who are two very different type of players. One is world class speed, exceptional athlete and the other is a big rangy target with great hands. So obviously they could man the X and Z, respectively.

So maybe I've talked myself out of this being a crowded WR corps for Noil. lol

cajdav1 likes this.
  10. cajdav1