2014 Saints Off Season Thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Last I read he came for a visit but I haven't been following it very closely.

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Word out, they have reached agreement, Champ is a Saint.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Yes, 2-year deal.

LSUDad likes this.
  4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Just hope he has at least one good year left in him. I guess I'd rather it be him starting at CB than Corey White.

5. mctiger

Here's a bit of draft trivia (thanks Sporcle). The Saints have gone longer without drafting a QB in the first round than any other team. They haven't dipped into that well since Archie in '71. And even if you choose to count Dave Wilson as a first rounder (he was taken as a supplemental in 1981, costing the team its #1 in '82), they still go the longest....next is the Chiefs, taking Todd Blackledge in '83.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. mctiger

The good news is....Jacob Hester is trying out for the Saints at this weekend's minicamp.

The bad news is....Jordan Jefferson is trying out for the Saints at this weekend's minicamp.

shane0911 and ParadiseiNC like this.
  7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i think corey white is better. i think champ is already listed ahead of him on the depth chart however.

fanatic likes this.
  8. mctiger

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

If he plays up to his potential and we can get a good year with minimal injuries out of Champ, that's going to be one nasty secondary.

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Either way I expect the secondary to be improved, not that it even needed to be. The additional of Byrd will result in additional turnovers. This season Corey White (who didn't play poorly last season) will have another year under his belt playing like a Safety from the CB position. Patrick Robinson has been at worst, serviceable when healthy. Champ Bailey is motivated to perform and at worst, should improve the play of his teammates by virtue of passing along his knowledge. SJB is the wildcard. He's full of promise, but I always temper my expectations for rookies. If Champ and Lewis start, White, Robinson and/or SJB playing in nickel and dime packages will be formidable.

fanatic likes this.