2014 RB Leonard Fournette Commits to LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by tigerchick46, May 25, 2012.

1. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

I was in Shreveport last week at a conference where some St. Aug folks were in attendance and the indication there was that he is a HARD Bama lean. They felt like our best shot was what you said Bhelm...that the number of big-time recruits headed there would steer him in-state. They also felt he would not go anywhere else aside from Bama or LSU and felt that once he commits he will be solid. They seem to believe he will commit early but still enjoy the visits process. One guy said he's an LSU fan but career wise, he prefers a Ingram/Richardson or Richardson/Lacy style backfield share rather than 4-5 guys splitting carries.

Local folks in his ear are trying to sell him on being fresher for the NFL because of fewer carries in college due to the bigger split. He's not worried about competing for championships because he feels that opportunity will be there at either school so that's a given. But for personal accolades, he does want the opportunity for Heismann consideration and feels Bama gives him the best chance for that. We can't really argue that given recent history.

They claim he knows he can't really go wrong either way and he's not likely to redshirt at either school.

2. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

I don't think LSU has in recent years had 1 or 2 running backs that were head and shoulders better than everyone else, thus the 4-headed monster. If we had a heisman quality running back, I believe the 4-headed monster would be slayed.

3. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

I disagree, in that all of the backs that make up the current 4-headed monster all have the potential to be Heisman candidates if they were in the right system and the featured back in that system.

4. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

Not only that, but maybe the best of all of our stable of running backs is playing the least.

5. dudley

dudley oops!

You're right about that. Alfred Blue is out injured.

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Think he meant Hilliard, but you may know that and were just being sarcastic.

7. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

Umm....NO

8. dudley

dudley oops!

Yes, I think Hilliard is our best uninjured RB.

9. dudley

dudley oops!

Ummm, maybe not.

10. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I went to watch my alma mater play last night against Saint Aug, and I gotta say this guy is an absolute animal! He looked like Adrian Peterson out there effortlessly running all over the place.....one of the best athletes I've ever seen....Impressive. He kicks off about 75 yards through the end zone and kicks field goals too btw....

Per the daily advertiser this morning.......

Fournette, who is one of the most sought after prospects in the country, put on quite the show for those in attendance as he rushed for 354 yards and three touchdowns on 28 carries to push his season totals over the 2,000 yard mark.

"He's super," Hightower said. "We knew what he was coming into this game and we knew he was going to be quite the challenge for us. He was just better than us. I've seen an awful lot of great running backs in my years and I'll tell you he's as good as any of them. A lot of times we were hitting him with two, three and four guys and he didn't go down. He's got great drive. He's just a monster. He's really special."