2014 CB Tony Brown Commits to Alabama

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by vshouse, Feb 19, 2013.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

That may be, however if you play two sports and one of them is football then you HAVE to be on a football scholly. ie you can't play baseball on a baseball scholly and also be on the football team. Bhelm, you care to clear this up?

2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I am fairly positive you are correct. As I remember it, Bear Bryant was famous for having kids on all sorts of other sports scholarships and was the impetus for the rule change to what you described.

3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I think this is right too.

4. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

Don't follow track much and sure hope the he comes to LSU with his sister, but Texas AM, Arkansas & Florida are ranked even higher than LSU in men's track.
    http://www.ustfccca.org/assets/rank...AAD1_2012_indWk7_TF_NationalRankingsTop25.pdf

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Devery and Trindon and if Brown signs were or will all be on football scholarships as many said above.

Brown is looking very good to LSU and even before his sister committed. Texas as of now looks like the biggest competition but he will be getting interest from many top programs.

6. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Man you get a couple of those highly toughted out of state recruits like that plus the talent Louisiana has comming out next year.......and IF LSU does well next year.....that recruiting for next year could be very very interesting!!

7. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

The 2014 LSU class has lots of potential.

8. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

yea, don't you love the possibilities! it could be like reloading, but with double barrel. i mean, at several of the most important positions, along with some recruits we've gotten with this last class. the possibilities look sweet, to say the least.

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Wikipedia is wrong, that isn't correct, he was always a football player at LSU. He was a RB his first two years and had a very good Sugar Bowl against the Illni. As others have already stated you must be on a football scholarship if you play the sport and receive a grant in aid. Someone should fix that statement on Wiki.

10. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

I know he was always a football player, my brother played with him in high school so we followed him pretty close, what i was saying was he actually came to lsu on a track scholarship, then tried out for football, made it, then was issued a football scholarship.