2013 WR Kevin Spears Commits to LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Jan 19, 2013.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Really like his potential and his frame. Only playing ball for 2 years and can see his basketball skills coming through on the field. Probably a reshirt to add some size but he has plenty of tools to work with.

6'2
    Holy Cross

2. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Good lots of room for improvement from the young man with only 2 years of football under his belt.

3. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Ball skills look good; looks to be a nice deep and red zone threat. Thanks, BHelm!

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

So I a, confused. A recruit with zero stars who has two offers one from la tech and San Diego state gets an offer from LSU.
    What am I missing behelm?

Glad he is a tiger. But curious the angle here.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think this is like the Saints drafting Graham. Just not alot of film and hype because he hasn't been playing long but the upside and potential for this kid are off the charts.

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

OR, he is a homer that they are throwing a bone to, to build binds for the future w/ a football program that is on the rise. and, btw, he has potential.

7. dudley

dudley oops!

Nothing but the highlight reel to go by, but I like this guy. Seems to have good hands and can catch the ball, something our current group of receivers seem to have a tough time with.

8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

That's because they were thinking about the end zone before they even caught the ball....a common mistake that can easily be overcome by coaching. But they seemed to have that problem most of the season. Our receivers can catch, they were just undisciplined.

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Disagree that it is easily fixed with coaching, it is a mental mistake that gets made over and over by some guys no matter how much coaching they get. Players get into a game and can't keep their concentration all the time. It's like me when I lift my head up before I hit the damn golf ball!

stevescookin likes this.
  10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Players like this pop up every year, but some never get noticed and end up going to a small college before they become nfl all pros. Look at the Saints roster! The NFL Hall of Fame is filled with late bloomers, not saying this young man will be that good but you never know.