2013 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Tiger_fan, Apr 25, 2013.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

That's not what I said and you know it. I said those in your face comments you sometimes make, like this one, do more to damage your credibility than all of those quotes you love to post support it. The rest of my message was just reinforcing what some of us feels were the Saints needs. I never once said I know more than CSP and he should have listened to me. This is a forum where we state many things including our opinions. You don't have to degrade someone else's b/c it differs from yours.

btw, i do think the Saints have upgraded their pass rush, too, but its hard to pass up Shariff Floyd or Jarvis Jones, imho. hope your right about Vaccaro.

2. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

WR Kenny Stills, OU

We could have had Swope, too

3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

From what I read, that should be a great pick, at least for that position in the draft. I wonder if Lavar Edwards had been available, if they would have chose him? Probably not, probably were focused on a WR.

Do we have any more picks?

4. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

One more. There are some really good players going right now, this seems like a pretty deep draft

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Going into the draft most Saints fans understood that OT, DL, then S, then WR were are positions of greatest need in order. We are addressing them!

6. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

After we got Butler, the consensus with every Saints fan that weighed in at the time was we were going best defensive player or OT available, and that's what happened in our first three picks

7. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

I hope we go defensive front 7 with our last pick, especially a 290-300ish DL that can excel as a 3-4 DE to give us more depth on the line.

8. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

Saints radio saying Saints are going best player available, listed some prospects they liked at DL, LB, CB, OL, RB...i believe Cornelius Washington was who they mentioned first, he'd be a steal this late

9. bhelmLSU

Are you talking about Twitter?

Saints staff went into draft having the position of need and made what they thought we the best picks at their spot. We never took best available but what we considered best available for need. Best OTs and DTs taken for Value so they went position of need and least risky pick which I agree with in 1st round. Then couldn't hold off OT next so made the best available OT. Then traded up for best DT on board. Then WR.

What position would you say is the biggest need looking at our roster? The answer would have to be OT given we do not have a sure starter at the position right now. That is all you hear about leading up to the draft and entire offseason.I don't think we could have gotten a sure starter at pick #15 we would have had to give up picks that we need to get into the top 5 picks. So now we will see the Saints heavily scan the current NFL players are locate one to add to the roster.

I agree with the Saints recent drafts. They rarely go best available player and usually target needs. I think they have done a great job doing that over the years minus in the 1st round. This 1st round pick is the only one I have really agreed with.

Now I can see going best available across all positions in late rounds given taking risks and value is usually beneficial and can at least get value with trades down the road.

10. bhelmLSU

Nice Saints went with Need again...DE Rufus Johnson Tarleton St.

11. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

Bobby Hebert says Kenny Stills is no Joe Morgan or Devery Henderson at stretching the D, said Stills is more a, then got cut off by Saints annoucement of our new DL

Taking about how we don't have a lot of depth on DL, need DL depth, and that's about it

Rufus Johnson

12. bhelmLSU

All I know about him is that he was a beast at Kilgore Community College. Didn't have the grades to hit major college football. Went Div II after that and had impressive tackle for loss and sack numbers over 2 year span.