2012 S Landon Collins

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Dudebro2

Dudebro2 Veteran Member

TT - I hear what you are saying but hey his Mom feels strongly about her son and the fact that she feels he is making a terrible decision and is voicing it. Is it wrong, I think that is best left in the family. If she is wrong than it will affect her relationship with his mother, but if she is right than she is only doing what anyone who is a parent would do and that is to try and protect and help their child. Are there different ways to do that, absolutely. But this is the path she has chosen and it is not for us to judge it is their relationship they are the only ones affected by it.

I can promise you if I felt my son was being taken advantage of or felt he was not making the right decision I would do what I felt I needed to do to protect him and guide him to the right decision.

On a personal level I hope she succeeds because I definitely feel that Bama has not been upfront in their recruitment of LC when it comes to what they have done for his girlfriend and trying to recruit him through those means. Bama has his girlfriend on their side and we have his Mom, I hope his Mom wins out!!!,

2. Dudebro2

Dudebro2 Veteran Member

Whatever the under is take it - you can't lose!!! :thumb:

3. SlidellTiger22

SlidellTiger22 Founding Member

here is my unsolicitaed take: LC has made a decision to be a part of the Ala football program rather that is own state university. It was not a popular choice for many, including members of his family. His girlfriend may or may not have been an influence; we do reasonably know that his own Mother was not as she wished for him to remain in La. and hopefully play on the same team as his younger brother.

I do not think that coach saban would put his program at risk by committing major recruiting violations for any one prospect, even though he is the no. 1 prospect in La.

LSU certainly would have loved to have LC, he would be a home state star, but it was not his decision to be here. We will be fine without him; anyone remember Billy Cannon Jr? Lets foucus on finishing this class strong and begin to work hard on next year's class as Ala has already staked claim to one of the best wide receiver prospects.

ST

4. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

perhaps, .... perhaps not .... but don't be naive. .

Just because saban isn't directly involved doesn't mean there's no funny business. One thing is certain though .... saban will remain at arms-length from any transaction.

5. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

If you're being honest enough to simply say "and so it goes at Auburn and LSU as well," Then we can at least qualify what you just said, as an honest opinion. Otherwise, you leave the marked impression you have a distinct, rival bias, again.

6. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

never claimed I wasn't biased. Nevertheless, I know firsthand what goes on with some recruits within the borders of alabama. It ain't even close ... and it has nothing to do with saban.

7. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Agree with most of what you say however, BC Jr was not much of a football player, Landon Collins is, and will be. Perhaps a comparison to Ed Reed would be a little more accurate.;)

8. SlidellTiger22

Agree with you; BC Jr did not progress to star status; however for those of us old enough to remember it was a bitter dissapointment for him to sprun his home state and depart to aggieland.

ST

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

It won't be shocking to me if by Wednesday his mom has gotten enough sense in his head to commit to LSU.

10. SlidellTiger22

miracles happen every day; but in this case it is not likely

ST