2011 Rivals Rankings Update

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Feb 9, 2010.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

2. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

Worth noting.. in the release chat they mentioned that 6 Louisiana prospects would be in the 5* discussion. I'm sure only 2-3 will be 5* but that is high praise.

Collins, Freak, Robinson, Rasco, Landry, and Hilliard.

3. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

They'll get around to evaluating him...or perhaps they feel he is overrated because Collins opens up holes I can run through. I just think its a case of them not really evaluating him properly yet, its still early. I think he'll be a top 250 player for sure on Rivals.

4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Even better, we already have four of them.

5. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Im surprised that Hilliard is so low on Scout. He seems to be a sure fire star player. He has the size, vision, quickness, etc. He reminds me of a Beanie Wells type of back. I cant see how he wouldnt be either a very, very high 4 or 5*. I think Collins and Freak are shoe ins. I think Hilliard, Rasco, and Landry are all right there as well. La should have at least 3 5*s. I think we could easily have 4 but they dont seem to give the love to La.

6. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Having Magee and not having Hill is a surprise to me. Having a 5'8" QB who obviously must play another position, probably RB, instead of a typical big back is surprising. I also thought Hill got more press than Magee, especially since he was on the same team as a possible 5 star prospect. I get the blocking angle mentioned in a previous post, but I don't tend to give the recruiting gurus that much credit for deep thought.:lol:

7. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Why do you all continue to say this crap.

Rivals was founded by an editor of a Washington Husky website and was a Seattle based company before it moved to Brentwood TN in 2001...this all before being bought by Yahoo.com....the only way Bama comes into play is that an Alabama based company, Vulcan Publications, heads the marketing of the site. I believe Bernie Kosar has some financial backing in the company as well.

Rivals.com founder rounds up familiar sites to try idea again

8. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

I think it's because there have been some very shakey moves in regards to Bama rankings. Like taking a guy who is an average linemen for example, switching him to center and making him #1 (a position he has never played, ever).

:lol:

9. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

started as a freshman on a national championship team. was a unanimous 1st team freshman all-american

?

-----

this is going to be a loaded year for recruiting. i strongly suspect most teams will be trying to catch :lsup: (and texas by default) during this recruiting season.

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Who will be the #1 2011 Prospect:

Rivals.com Football Recruiting - Roundtable: Who will be No. 1 in 2011?