2011 JUCO P Dalton Botts COMMITTED TO LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Jul 25, 2010.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Chris Sailor reported that he committed to LSU over the weekend at our kicking camp but the recruiting sites don't have anything up yet. He went to HS and Juco in CA.

6'4

He is the #1 Punter in the nation for the 2011 class but something might be in the works for him to come in the 2010 class. Not sure how the numbers would workout so still looking into that. But I would assume this means Wing could not get cleared and is either headed to JUCO or Prep school.

On a related note, the #1 kicker for the 2012 class, Adam Griffith, was offered by LSU today.

Top Recruits 2011 - Dalton Botts

Here is a video from 2007:

Dalton Botts QB for Taft High Wildcats Highlights from 2007 on Vimeo

2. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Re: 2011 JUCO P Dalton Botts Commits

I am not picking him up anywhere - not even on the JC websites.

3. bhelmLSU

Tigersportsdigest has confirmed he has committed. Not many details yet on him or Wing. Wing is still not cleared though.

4. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Gives LSU some options for fakes as well. Not a great runner but not bad either, actually looks like he has decent speed once you gets going in a straight line also he doesn't have a NFL arm but he has enough there to do fakes real well.

5. tboy

tboy Founding Member

While a punter doesn't get as many people excited as a stud RB, they are very important and can determine the outcome of games. Does anyone know how many years of eligibility he will have?

6. bhelmLSU

I assume 3 years to play 2 like most JC prospects.

If Wing is not cleared which looks like the case then he could go the Juco route and come to LSU in almost the exact situation Botts comes in next year and what Wing would have come into if he was cleared. Meaning he would have a redshirt year with a senior punter in front of him.

I was hearing Prep school for Wing early on but hearing more Juco rumors of late. My question is since Wing has all his grades in good standing, would he be eligible to go the Prep school route? Juco may be his only option.

7. bhelmLSU

Ok, here is an article saying he will enroll next summer and be a normal 2011 prospect. Not going to count back then.

LSU football: Tigers receive commitment from punter for 2011 | NOLA.com

8. tboy

tboy Founding Member

The 34 yd average is a little disconcerting. I would have expected better. The fact that USC didn't offer isn't that bad because we know they will have to make every offer count.:rofl: I am a little concerned that we are the first to offer and he jumped on it. If he receives an offer from a hometown school I wonder if he will bolt.

9. Bigk77

Bigk77 Freshman

I can guarantee to you all that you're getting the number 1 punter this nation has to offer. I'm his roommate and teammate here in Moorpark, known him since kindergarten, and the highlight video you've watched doesn't do him a bit of justice. He's come such a long way since High School and Bakersfield College. 4.6 40 time, can launch a 70 yard ball, and ull be seeing 50+ yard punts, 5.0 hangtimes once he can solely focus on punting, and im proud to call him a great friend of mine (He played for Taft union high school in Taft, ca btw, not woodland hills.) I can't wait for him to get out there next year and play

10. bhelmLSU

Thanks for stopping by with this info. Been hearing great things about his punting and not worried one bit about his skill.

Do you feel another school could come by with an offer and change his mind from LSU? Is there a team he is a huge fan of?