2010 WVU Game Thread ESPN2 8pm

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, Sep 22, 2010.

1. lsufan_in_ohio

lsufan_in_ohio East Ascension High '76

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the welcome last Sat. PodKATT we enjoyed the food and fun and the game was great also......thanks to OkieTiger also......

2. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

Love this quote from Pete Fiutak over at CFN.

"LSU is in the national title chase, even if no one knows it. The style points won’t be there, but the Tigers will beat West Virginia handily."

I'm looking forward to the players proving him right

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

What did she give you?

4. lsufan_in_ohio

lsufan_in_ohio East Ascension High '76

A warm welcome :geaux:

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Ron Franklin will be doing the PBP for ESPN2. Nice to have him back in Tiger Stadium. :thumb:

6. Dat-Tiger-Fan

Dat-Tiger-Fan Founding Member

fixed your avatar...[​IMG]

7. WickedJester

WickedJester Lets Go...... Moutaineers

Good one!

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

It's gameday boys and girls get ready for the Tigers to bring on the pain. GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!

9. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Both fan bases can talk and talk until they are blue in the face about individual players and key matchups, but I think this game will really essentially boil down to 2 things: team chemistry and depth.

Team chemistry is one of those nebulous things that mean different things to different people. I think LSU's team chemistry is pretty good...more apparently on defense, but the offense looks more in sync this season over last.

I am curious what the WVU fans can say about team depth for the Mountaineers? Once you get beyond your starters, is the speed still there?

I hate to see injuries in any game for either team, but how would WVU stack up if say, Tavon Austin got dinged a bit and had to sit out for a series or two? Where is depth the strongest for you guys? Where is it the weakest and might start showing in the 4th quarter if players start getting worn out from the heat?

LSU has had excellent recruiting for the last few years, so in theory we should be in good shape should we get a player that needs to be examined, starts cramping up, etc. However...player swapouts always affect that nebulous thing called chemistry.

10. dudley

dudley oops!

I think this game will be won where they are usually always won, on the line of scrimmage. I'd give LSU the edge.