2010 WR Trovon Reed

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by pjnchamps, Mar 10, 2009.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Get what you're saying, but Reed is also the top rated player in the state. I want the #1 player in Louisiana at LSU every year, regardless of position, star rating or skill level compared to #1's from other years. I want every coach in the country believing he never has a chance to come in and take the #1 player away from LSU.

1 person likes this.
  2. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

I understand that for sure. It's going to happen sometimes now that we're going out of state and picking up studs like Hunter.. Shep and Loston from last year, etc. As long as we get our pick i'm fine. We lost an instate 5* last year and still had a better recruiting class than just about the entire nation..

But yeah -- gotta keep the fence up. Don't want to lose a top prospect 2 years in a row.. with a possible 3rd year upcoming (Johnson).

3. LSUFan1950

LSUFan1950 Founding Member

This is my gut feeling, I think Reed is coming to us, but Seastrunk is going to Texas. The reason why I am saying this is, because of Kenny Hilliard and another very good RB has LSU high on their list in 2011 recruiting year. Seastrunk is not stupid and he is seeing all of the RBs that LSU has now and looking at next years RBs that LSU will be picking up and he might be saying that the Depth chart will be very strong at the RB position for a very long time. I am not saying that Seastrunk is running scard. All I am saying is that Seastrunk will be wanting a lot more playing time. Here at LSU it could end up by RB by committee, because of the talent we have at the RB position.

:geaux:

4. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Q

The star system is based on their overall athleticism. Shepard was listed as a 5-star quarterback. But his QB stats were not that great.
    He earned his 5 stars because of his overall athleticism.

5. Fighting Tigers

Fighting Tigers Founding Member

I disagree, I think if Seastrunk looks at the depth chart that it will play in our favor big time. After this year we lose our top 3 running backs as far as yards go in Charles Scott, Keiland Williams, and Trindon Holliday. Then the next year we lose our only other proven back in Richard Murphy. Then we have no one that has played in big games left. Seastrunk would get alot of carries his first season b/c of how Les uses his running backs. Then they would probably redshirt Hillard (despite how good he is) and Hill the following year and with Murphy being gone. Seastrunk would be getting at least half the carries along with a Ford/Johnson combo. Seastrunk would be an immediate force with Shepard at quarterback. Just imagine all the misdirection plays we could do with those two. If the linebacker gets fooled for one second those two could take it to the house. Seastrunk would see a lot more time than Holliday ever did here b/c of his outstanding receiving skills. Seastrunk is a smart kid and I have no doubt that after he considers the pros and cons between us and Auburn he will choose us. From the looks of things I would say Texas is out b/c of the way that their fans and coaches have handled things.
    :crystal:

6. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

Re: Q

His QB stats were amazing.. ? The only stat that was weak was his completion percentage.. and that's because his team didn't need to throw often. Sometimes it helps to compare stats to other QBs.. in this case the overall #1 QB (prostyle/overall)

R. Shep:
    Rushing: ~2,000 yards/20TDs
    Passing: ~2,000 yards/20TDs (4 INT) 55% completion

Matt Barkley:
    Rushing: None
    Passing: ~2,900 yards/22TDs (18 INT) 54% completion

7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I have pretty deep roots in Monroe, West Monroe, Sterlington and Bastrop. I don't know of anyone from that area who felt he was going anyplace but LSU.

:huh:

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Yea I am not sure where the Tibodeaux info came from but I assume it is from a message board. I am hearing the same from that area as I have from the beginning and I talked to a friend with ties to his coaches last week. Trovon is leaning to LSU as of now and that has been the case from the beginning. I am sure there are some saying something different but a majority still feel the same in the area.

Trovon not in AU for their biggest recruiting weekend yet should at least say a little something in that regard. I think they are a player along with many other teams but it is going to take a lot to take him away from home at this time in his life.

With LAche and Trovon being tied together there will be a ton of misinformation, rumors, and speculation until they sign the dotted line.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Re: Q

Well actually throwing less often would normally result in a higher completion percentage, as you are basically only throwing in high percentage situations.

Shepard not thowing for more yards or TDs, yes, a direct result of the team not being a high powered passing offense.

10. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

That is why I'm saying this is RR drama all over again. A lot of people in Bastrop were not exactly positive RR was coming here until the end. Yet, contrary to random people in that area and "Bastrop" people on message boards, he always seemed rather positive about LSU and visited it more than anyone else. Reed is exactly the same. Hes visited LSU waaaaaaaaay more than else. Even his comments would make you think hes leaning to LSU. I really think Reed and Seastrunk are playing Auburn, IMO.

I'm not trying to start anything and sorry if I did. I'm just passing what I heard. I was in the area the other day visiting family and thought I'd ask someone who lives in the area and follows the HS program. The only reason I posted it, was I thought it was interesting considering I seen people from the area on message boards saying the same thing. Far as the Auburn info goes...Auburn insiders are rather confident Reed and Seastrunk are both leaning to them.