2010 WR Trovon Reed

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by pjnchamps, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

To add to bhelm's response, elite speed (sub 4.5) isn't a pre-req for being a very good WR. Great route running, great hands, agility, and ability/willingness to block are maybe even more important.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Eric Martin

3. titoabad1

titoabad1 Contributing Member

Jerry Rice

4. tboy

tboy Founding Member

I watched video of Reed in drills against defenders. I'm sold. The kid makes it look easy as he cuts and effortlessly catches the ball. He looks like he is on another level than the boys he is competing against.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

...A.J. Green, Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Arrellious Benn, Brandon Lafell.

6. LSUFan1950

LSUFan1950 Founding Member

BhelmLSU, how close are Reed and Seastrank? Could one or the other bring the other a long with him to a school, if one commits first?

:geaux:

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I am not personally close to either one of them.

They are good friends and their decisions could come into play for each other but they are not a package deal by any means.

8. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

Auburn insiders today are reporting Reed is definitely leaning to Auburn right now. They're echoing exactly what people from Thibodaux have been saying. Maybe Seastrunk really is thinking of committing soon there and is recruiting Reed to Auburn. Interesting but still very early in the recruiting process. I'd say he has to like something about LSU, considering how much hes been here. Would be funny if him and Seastrunk were just playing the game, then went straight to a commit to LSU.

Rueben Randle saga #2?

9. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

Reed is good.. but he's not on the same level as Randle (thankfully). We miss out on Reed we miss on a solid player.. but at least it wouldn't be like missing on the #1 WR in the nation :hihi:

But yeah.. lots of drama.. but Reed to LSU and Seastrunk if the cards fall right.

10. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I wonder what the Auburn insiders will think after they lose five or six games before the season's over...err... I guess I mean, what will Seastrunk and Reed think after AU loses five or six games? The barners better hope those two commit before the season starts and then actually stick to their commitments all the way till NSD.

AU will improve, but over time. No way Chizyck will have those guys coming out the gate like barnstormers his very first year. (I know...bad pun.) We're talking SEC west here.