2010 WR Trovon Reed

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by pjnchamps, Mar 10, 2009.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

you may be overreacting a bit, the guy is a major talent, but he is not going to make or break a program as a recruit. Will he contribute positively at Auburn? My answer is probably yes.

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I want Landry and guys like Lewis and Sylve to come to LSU next year if they are better than Reed...I want those guys to be locks and if Reed comes here, we may lose one of those guys. So he can go where he wants as far as I'm concerned. Good luck.

I know a bird in the hand is better than one in the bush...Landry's already in hand.

3. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Two in the bush, but who is counting birds? We will let you slide this time!:yelwink2:

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

My other hand must have been in the bush. :wink:.

5. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

I will say to all that I am probably overreacting somewhat but that's just me. Hell, I hate when I see any kid from Louisiana starring for some other team. Bottom line for me is I don't like losing out on top Louisiana recruits. It's a perception thing. I want that fence around Louisiana to be so high that few even try to climb over it. Losing Reed to Auburn isn't like losing Fobbs to A&M, which also bothers me. Reed comes back and directly competes against LSU. Salt in the wounds.

6. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Reed's choice has to do with a lot more than football. Sometimes you need to move away from home. Sometimes that is the only way you can ever make it home again. From what I have read about him over the past several months he is a class act.

1 person likes this.
  7. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Clearly. I mean, we're talking Auburn, AL. :hihi:

8. jgordey3

jgordey3 Founding Member

9. Fighting Tigers

Fighting Tigers Founding Member

Here's the cliffnotes....

Reed, the state's top rated prospect and an Auburn commitment, still was considering making a switch to LSU, Thibodaux Coach Dennis Lorio said.
    '
    Reed, 6-foot, 175 pounds with 4.4 speed in the 40 and rated as the nation's No. 4 athlete prospect by Rivals, had re-affirmed his Auburn commitment following an official visit to LSU on Jan. 22. He initially committed to Auburn on Nov. 13, but the perseverance of new LSU recruiting coordinator Frank Wilson and Head Coach Les Miles apparently has created some further deliberation for Reed and his family.

Unlike many of his peers, Reed has requested no signing ceremony and is expected to sign privately at the Lafourche Parish school on Wednesday morning, Lorio said.

"I kind of thought it was over a few days ago,'' Lorio said. "But there are still some discussions going on. He hasn't said anything publicly, but he's thinking. Auburn did a good job of getting close to him when his mom passed away last May. He's still committed to Auburn to my knowledge, but there are still some discussions about LSU going on. That's a fact. We'll know (Wednesday).''

10. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Well. One never knows.

All the haters will be so disappointed if he switches.