2010 WR Trovon Reed

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by pjnchamps, Mar 10, 2009.

1. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

That's good news and bad news.. slot receivers aren't very difficult to find. We have Landry coming up next year who is a LOCK and (imo) far more talented than Reed.

I still want him. We need that potential 5* in this class :wave: He's just not a must-get imo. That being said.. I hope we can lock up his signature.

2. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Agree

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

He is visiting Auburn this weekend on his way to see Tenn.

4. jso0003

jso0003 Freshman

From an Auburn fan, war damn eagle to Trovon Reed no matter what school he chooses to attend. From everything I've heard he sounds like a classy kid who had a fantastic mom. Very sad that she passed that way, and I wish him and his family the best.

1 person likes this.
  5. bhelmLSU

After his comments about his visit here this weekend, I have never felt better about him being a LSU Tiger in the end. It is no secret where he feels the most comfortable. I am sure there will be rumors about this and that but being home will win out in the end.

Trovon is not about causing much drama because he is very laid back so don't read into where he goes for visits etc.. He is going to take it all in and enjoy himself.

6. bhelmLSU

7. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

Talked to a guy in Thibodaux yesterday and he told me word around town is Reed is seriously considering Auburn. They may be in the lead right now and it might be because of LS in his ear. This is not exactly what pay site info is saying but I've seen several people on other forums from the area saying the same thing. Just thought I'd put that out there. Not too worried about it right now. One thing of interest is people in that area are saying their HC is really turning Reed off with LSU because hes pounding it in his head constantly to go there. I think this might have legs because we know their HC is a LSU homer.

We know how RR went last year, pretty much everyone in his area was saying he was Bama bound for sure...

8. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

:huh:

9. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

Just a question on Mr. Reed. Isn't he a tad slow for a wide receiver - 4.59, especially to be a possible 5 star? Why is he rated so high? I mean I have nothing against him at all & being a Louisiana guy I hope we get him. I see where Texas has two wide receivers committed that both have speeds listed as - John Harris 4.65 & Darius Terrell 4.70 but they are both rated as 3 stars. Information from Scout. Never mind, checking with Rivals they have him as a speedy guy -4.4, man what a difference in information. Now I know why LM wants to see these guys in person at a camp.:eek:

10. bhelmLSU

The 4.59 actually came from a Scout Camp he participated in and all the attendees had slow times because of the track surface and weather.

Camps held by programs are the reverse, usually inflated measurements, well at least the ones either given to the media and/or given by the prospect themselves.

Best way to really tell the true speed is to compare the times from each individual camp to the times of other top prospects at the same camp.