2010 RB Storm Johnson

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Jester

Jester Founding Member

I have a connection in GA who knows some of the local high school coaches and has reiterated to me that LSU has got Storm in the bag as long as we keep showing him that we are very interested.

I really hope that we get Storm and I think that right now its looking good for us.

With Lache and Storm, added to a team of playmakers with Ford, Shepard, Jefferson, Randle, Toliver, Mike Davis, and the other choice recruits we'll get this year..........not to mention the whole plethora of defensive beasts we're amassing, I really think we're going to be poised for a couple of runs for the NCG in 2010-2012.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

LSU still in the lead and the only team other than LSU who has a shot IMO is UF. But that is a slim shot based on the information out there.

3. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

That's definitely good news. I always get a bit worried when things go quiet. If it's between us and Florida.. I think that's a no brainer. Florida already has a carry the load RB who rarely gets on the field.

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

bhelm, you hinted about storm in several other threads. any reliable updates about him?

5. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

As it stands now.. he's in the bag unless we screw something up.

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

...but it never rains in TS! :shock:

:hihi:

....but if he comes, it can rain. ;)

7. bhelmLSU

I reported on another thread he would be here today but he decided it would be better to come the weekend of July 4th.

8. Perple

Perple Founding Member

I hope you're right about July 4th, bhelm. But another day & yet another glowing LSU update on Scout (4 in a row about his love for LSU) & still nothing. Now he's talking about November.

I don't believe the silent commit stuff with Storm. I am starting to think he really wants to go to Florida & is being slow played by Meyer. I don't know, but something just doesn't seem/feel right. Meyer wants Seastrunk - like everyone else. I know it's still early, but I guess I've heard the "Storm Johnson will commit any-day-now" one time too many. Might be the reason Miles is bringng in a bunch of RBs to the July camp.

I really hope I'm wrong. Storm looks like a protypical Les Miles style RB, big, strong & fast who would fit perfectly into our system.

9. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

hmmmm. good points. i hope you are wrong, but good points.

bhelm, any substance to perple's concerns? i have just been thinking all along there's a storm a comin'. dandy says same as bhelm on todays blog, fwiw.

10. bhelmLSU

I know he told the staff he will be coming the 4th but those plans can change since he has been her 2 times already.

Sounds like he just wants to take some free official visits now instead of ending it this summer.

LSU is still out front and I am not too worried about UF because they have other targets at RB that they are pursuing heavily.