2010 QB Zach Lee COMMITTED TO LSU (LOI)

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Apr 25, 2009.

1. dudley

dudley oops!

Wonder what the percentage is of 18 year olds that come out of High School throwing 95 mph, sign a baseball contract, start the long climb to the Major Leagues, then wind up having arm surgery and disappearing. Pretty high I would guess. I think he has to explore his Football option first. My honest opinion.

2. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

I hope he makes it to campus, I think hes going to turn into a stud pitcher. He'll most likely play a lot next year unless hes totally not ready. I find it hard to believe because our pitching will likely be in a worse position next year than it was this year.

We really need some luck from the draft this year and guys like Lee making it to LSU. We're likely going to have to rely on some Freshman pitching unfortunately...that could be good or bad depending on how you see it.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

From Baseball America's Top 200 Profiles

4. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

I've heard that tune many times before. It was already expected he'd be a high pick. Where hes drafted will likely tell you if he makes it to LSU or not. If hes picked in the top 3 rounds, hes likely gone. They're not going to waste that high of a pick unless they think they can get him...

If hes telling scouts he wants to be on LSU campus, then don't expect him to be picked in the top 5 rounds...

5. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

Sure puts him in a great bargaining position. Sounds like he’s saying to baseball, “If you want me, it will cost $3,500.000.00”

Question: Is there some kind of insurance that a young athlete like Lee can buy to insure him against injury that would preclude a pro sports career?

6. acemic

acemic Founding Member

I think that is what happened with mikie He was suppose to draft higher but was telling everyone he wanted to play college ball. and he dropped. So either he will rise if they want him bad enough or will drop like mikie did

7. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Apparently there is:

College Draft Protection
    Talented athletes may decide to stay in school rather than take early entry into the draft. There is a risk of sustaining a career ending disability during the final college years. These plans are available to insure the future value of a professional career.

Disability Insurance for Professional Athletes

8. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

i hope he drops :wave:

9. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

Thanks HatcherTiger.

My guess is that funding the policy would not be an issue as the student could borrow off of projected future earnings either as a pro or from the insurance if injured.

10. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

Some are coming out saying its almost sure Lee isn't coming to LSU.

If he doesn't, who do we look at QB now? Obviously a Louisiana QB as a backup but are we really hard on anyone?

Bridgewater committed to Miami, which was expected, IMO. Is Brissett a good shot for LSU? Hes a huge QB with some moves...