2010 QB Zach Lee COMMITTED TO LSU (LOI)

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Apr 25, 2009.

1. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Thanks. I only looked at scout and rivals front pages on the web. Also dandy don and tiger rag. This is real good news for us I think.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Here is a little film of him pitching:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bVz-dQhALY[/media]

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

From another board:

1 person likes this.
  4. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Sounds great to me.:thumb: We need him. :LSU231:

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Zack sounds like he loves LSU as much as I do.

As strong as I feel about the athletes getting paid for their efforts...I have to admit that I'd play for free if I was good enough to make a team.

As far as $1million not being as much as it seems...I'd gladly sign for half that and I'd be set for life. I'd pay off my house and work with a lot less pressure on me. I don't need much.

6. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

I'd love to have this guy on campus...but from what I've read...hes almost a lock to go top 6 rounds in the draft and likely top 3...

If a major league team is going to spend that high of a pick...they usually think they're going to get them unless they want a insane amount of money.

Some people just pass the big paycheck up...I hope we get this guy on campus. He has to stay 3 years if he does...:wave:

7. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Re: 2010 QB Zach Lee COMMITS TO LSU!

“It feels good and I’m excited to be a Tiger,” Lee expressed.

“Coach Miles was very excited,” Lee stated. “He seemed very happy. I don’t know if he was surprised, but if he was it was probably because he may have thought I was going to wait it out a little longer. My family was happy too."

As a pitcher last season, Lee finished the year with a record of 8-1 including a 1.35 ERA. As a signal caller, Lee completed 182 of 289 passes (63.0%) for 2,935 yards and 33 touchdowns. He also carried the rock 57 times for 261 yards while hitting pay-dirt 11 times.

[​IMG]
    QB Zach Lee (#7), McKinney High School (32 miles north of Dallas... 10 hours drive from Baton Rouge).

8. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

I really hope we keep this guy. For both sports :wave:

9. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

From the Dallas Morning News in Aug '09:

College recruiters have kept an eye on a quartet of [Dallas] area Class 4A quarterbacks for a while now. James Franklin of Lake Dallas, Zach Lee of McKinney, Luke Woodley of Highland Park and Scotty Young of Denton Ryan have all committed to major colleges [LSU, Missouri, Texas Tech, and Louisville... other Dallas-area QBs for the class of 2010 have committed to Arizona, Texas A&M, Houston, Iowa State, SMU, and North Texas]
    If the competition came down to arm strength, McKinney's Lee would have to be the winner. Lee is a highly regarded baseball prospect with a fastball that's been clocked at 94 mph
    Lee's golden arm is why he has a future in two sports. Strong arms are also why Franklin, Woodley and Young have bright futures.
    "They really have a lot of velocity on the football," Highland Park coach Randy Allen said. "That's what makes them Division I caliber, the ability to get the ball in a space in a hurry before a defense can react. It's finding those windows."
    The quarterback quartet shares something else besides strong arms and competitiveness. "One thing they've got in common is their poise and leadership in the huddle," Lake Dallas coach Michael Young said. "There's a lot of kids that have the athletic ability to be a quarterback, but those guys have the head, which kind of separates them from the rest."
    Zach Lee, McKinney
    Your prototypical drop-back passer with a very strong arm and quick release. He is going to make things happen with his arm, and he can hit most any spot on the field. Should end up a very good quarterback at next level, unless he ends up [playing professional baseball]

Class 4A has the power of 4 at QB | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | SportsDay: High Schools: Football Preview

10. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers