2010 NFL Draft and Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by pjnchamps, Jan 25, 2010.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Dan Williams in the first and Greg Hardy in the second wouldn't be bad. Hardy was considered a probable first round pick after his junior year but decided to stay and had an injury filled senior season. If healthy he could be a late second round steal.

2. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i would like hardy in the 2nd if trainers feel injuries wouldn't be a problem. that's big time value pick but would probably be gone by the time the saints pick in the 2nd rd.

who knows.

3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I just read that the Chargers are looking for a RB and using Antonio Cromartie as bait.

There are some interesting thoughts here. Reggie Bush comes to mind. Is this a possibility given the new rules? I don't see why not, but I ain't a very big "new rules" kinda guy. Somebody fill me in....

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

mort just said on atl radio that teams should be very careful with cromartie. very athletic, but no real cover skills and is an underachiever. there's a good reason they are shopping him around.

5. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

agree there's a reason they are shopping him...can find some DBs in the draft that will fit the Saints better and cheaper.

Oh I'm officially on the Julius Peppers to New Orleans Saints train now.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Bush is too similar to what they already have in Darren Sproles, IMO. I would think they'd be looking for a bigger, more physical back.

7. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

TE wise Andrew Quarless could be a steal and could see them drafting Anthony Gonzales also think they may draft a CB.Im still holding out hope for them to draft LaGarrette Blount. Stafon Johnson is a back I wouldn't mind them bringing in as a FA. Stephen Williams and David Gettis are two WRs I would like to see at camp.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Is Johnson ever going to play again after that injury?

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

2010 NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE CALENDAR

February 24-March 2 | NFL Scouting Combine, Indianapolis, Indiana.

February 25 | Deadline for clubs to designate franchise and transition players.

March 4 | Expiration date of all player contracts due to expire in 2010
    March 4 | Deadline for submission of qualifying offers by clubs to their restricted free agents whose contracts have expired and to whom they desire to retain a right of first refusal/compensation.
    March 4 | Deadline for clubs to submit offer of minimum salary to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with fewer than three seasons of free agency credit whose contracts have expired.

March 5 | Veteran free agency signing period begins.
    March 5 | Trading period begins.

March 21-24 | NFL Annual Meeting, Orlando, Florida.

April 15 | Deadline for signing of Offer Sheets by Restricted Free Agents.

April 21 | Deadline for old club to exercise right of first refusal to restricted free agents.

April 22-24 | NFL Draft, New York City.

May 24-26 | NFL Spring Meeting, Dallas, Texas.

June 1 | Deadline for old clubs to send tender to unsigned unrestricted free agents to receive exclusive negotiating rights for rest of season if player is not signed by another club by July 22.

June 1 | Deadline for old clubs to send tender to unsigned restricted free agents or to extend qualifying offer to retain exclusive negotiating rights.

June 15 | Deadline for old clubs to withdraw original qualifying offer to unsigned restricted free agents and still retain exclusive negotiating rights by substituting tender of 110 percent of previous year’s salary.

June 27-30 | NFL Rookie Symposium, Carlsbad, California.

Mid-July | Training camps open.

July 22 | Signing period ends at 4:00 PM ET for unrestricted free agents who received June 1 tender.

August 8 | Pro Football Hall of Fame Game, Canton, Ohio.

August 12-16 | First preseason weekend.

August 31 | Roster cutdown to maximum of 75 players.

September 4 | Roster cutdown to maximum of 53 players.

10. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Yes. He has recovered.