2010 NFL Draft and Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by pjnchamps, Jan 25, 2010.

1. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Agree..hope it happens

2. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Keep in mind Blount wasn't squeeky clean from what I remember. I think he was a JC with a few issues before the national television incident. Perhaps we gamble on him with our last draft pick. Don't forget we still have Hamilton who looks like he is our biggest back. He may play a bigger role next year.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

He did have issues before he cold cocked that dude from Boise. I think it says alot about the kid though that he was able to stick with his team mates even though he had no idea he was going to be able to play again, and help them in practice. And when he did come back he rarely played, i think he deserves another chance. Don't get me wrong, i wouldn't take him any earlier than round 5 or 6.

4. pjnchamps

Blount will not be available in the 7th round is worth more than that he will probably go around in the range of 3rd - 5th rounds. Alot depends on his combine and pro day workouts. 5th round would be great imo but may take our 4th though

5. pjnchamps

I think if Sean W. is there they should take him because I think with the DTs that may be on the board when the Saints draft you could find better value later in the Draft. I guess alot will depend on how they vision/workout sum of the twiner players that could possibly play OLB or DE which is also a big need.

I would like to see them workout Jerry Hughes,Daryl Washington, and Carlos Dunlap.Also wondering about Taylor Mays as an OLB
    Sergio Kindle is a person who could be available with our 2nd rd pick and if Greg could help him play more consistent he would be a great addition and great value.

Free Agent Talk: The only FAs imo worth a workout are Aaron Kampman(coming off injury) and Richard Seymour. Really not a good FA season with the collective bargaining/cap rules this year.

6. LaSalleAve

Dude has loads of potential.

7. pjnchamps

I know and if he could make it to our 2nd round pick Im going to be screaming at the TV for us to pick him.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

There is a very good chance we simply release Charles Grant to avoid having to pay him (because a lot of that money is going to go to Brees with a restructured contract coming soon). Their will be no salary cap, so the entire idea of taking a salary cap hit is out the window and makes it really easy to just release Grant. The only way Grant stays if he takes a huge pay cut.

That means we need to draft a DE. Bobby McCray is a suitable DE but has had injury problems last year (lingering back injury).

Saints need to get younger at OLB. I don't know if players like Arnoux, Casillas and Vaughn are going to be able to answers at either SLB or WLB.

I see us drafting a DT, DE, 2 OLBs, C, TE.

9. pjnchamps

NFL Network just reported Joey Porter was released today

10. LaSalleAve

i don't know if i want a guy like him, he is going to demand a big contract, and his production has dropped significantly, plus his attitude just doesn't seem to fit with what the Saints do.