2010 NFL Draft and Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by pjnchamps, Jan 25, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

isn't there not going to be a cap next season?

2. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

probably not.... Roster wise the team most part will stay together but they need to develop the youth of the team that's how the Patriots and teams in the past of their high caliber stay super bowl contenders. That's why the draft choices and FA draft choices they make this year is important imo. Got to improve your weakness and increase your strengths.

3. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i didn't know they actually decided that. i'm sure it will be another reason to hate big mkt teams.

that's a shame cuz i love the way nfl runs their league monetarily, my only problem was no rookie salary cap.

the nfl isn't going to do other things to kill the league like guaranteed contracts?? hope not. i hate seeing how crippled the hornets are because of peja and mo pete's contract.

getting back to the saints i think they can address the DL in certain spots. grant isn't doing much so another end or a run stopping DL opposite sed would work.

also i think malcolm jenkins will eventually take over for sharper so some depth at corner would be nice but greer and porter fit well.

another olb wouldn't hurt. i think fujita is one of the UFA's. some speed would be nice. the D needs to shore up the run defense and get a pash rush to help the secondary.

on offense, i'd like some depth on the O line but the O line with all the injuries played absolutely awesome this year. the anti-studrawa must be coaching those guys.

would also love a bruising short yardage back. and TE and FB was a problem with injuries this year, might want to spend a late round on one of those positions for depth.

to sum up, the saints wouldn't offend me by going DL, corner, safety, OLB, OL, or RB in the early rounds.

4. pjnchamps

Yeah I definitely hope and think the NFL should learn from the NBA and have a Set Rookie Salary for the "lottery" picks.I think you would see more teams trading up to get "impact players" instead of not wanting to because of the salary they would have to pay that player. For example Could you imagine the Saints trading their 1st rd pick this year and 2011's 1st rd pick to get Eric Berry or Ndamukong Suh.

5. pjnchamps

Agree
    I think they could get LeGarrette Blount from Oregon in the Draft in the mid or late rounds..Blout, Thomas and Bush would be a nice RB tandem

6. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i love berry, maybe not enough to move up that much though. suh, though, i have some kind of mancrush on. i think he can be truly great. we'll see i guess.

it will be very interesting to see what the rams do.

7. tboy

tboy Founding Member

The Saints will probably part ways with Grant because of salary and lack of production. In addition, don't forget both Will Smith and Grant will probably have to be suspended next year for 4 games for the Starcaps incident. So it seems logical the Saints will look to draft a DL early. We have one of the best offenses or the best in the league so you would think we would still try to go with defensive players as more of a need.

8. tboy

tboy Founding Member

I don't want Blount because of his "anger management problems". I want Dexter McCluster as a replacement for Reggie Bush. I realize that Dexter should go much earlier in the draft.

9. pjnchamps

Late round pick is worth the gamble on Blount compared to McCluster who may go in the late first or early 2nd round maybe. Saints could always sign TH to a FA contract to see how he works out in Training camp which wouldnt cost them nothing. I'm really wishing and praying Sean W. falls to the Saints.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I would take a gamble on Blount for sure. He could be a late round steal, and is a physical, bruising back that can catch the ball out of the backfield, he fits perfectly into what the Saints do on offense, and i don't advocate punching the kid from Boise (even though that douche deserved it) but i think Blount is past that, and he could be drafted really late.