2010-2011 NBA SEASON THREAD

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Oct 27, 2010.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

He will probably get smacked around just like he did at the McDonald's All-American game that he didn't even play in. He talks a big game though.:rofl:

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Overall, probably good for the NBA to have a villain like Lebron to take over Kobe's former status.

Heard Steve Kerr talking about Lebron's post game comments (quoted by tirk). Kerr mentioned that Lebron said all the right things for about 15 minutes (gave credit to Dallas, said he needed to perform better personally). Then, his quote about people and their personal problems overshadowed everything else. The guy interviewing Kerr said, "Maybe he can't handle the 4th qtr of interviews either."

Although I don't think it's a given that the Heat will win it all in either of the next couple of years, I'm guessing they will. While the PG position is an area that needs to be upgraded, Chalmers played decent. Juwan Howard should not be getting any meaningful minutes ever again in the playoffs.

Not a Jazz fan but hoping The Jimmer gets drafted by them. Would kind of be similar to Maravich. Both are from the northeast but would be playing for the Jazz that already has a big fanbase of them due to their college careers (although Pete was already a few years into his career).

3. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

Lebron does make a good villain. I never really thought of Kobe as a villain. Lebron will be hated in every city he goes to. I don't think Kobe was hated in every city like that.

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I thought that this comment came across a little condescending as well at first. But I think what he was trying to say was that people can be happy about him losing, but their lives won't actually be better off for it. Of course, that is a true statement, but he should have worded it a little more effectively. Guess that's what happens when you skip college.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Only if she wanted to do it on the floor.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Lebron James (the greatest player in the world, the king) vs. Dallas
    FG% .47
    FT% .60
    3 pointers 9-28
    Free Throws 12-20
    Reb 43
    Assists 41
    Turnovers 24
    PPG 17.8

Lowly Deshawn Stevenson (the scrub who didn't even play in the McDonalds High school game) vs. Miami
    FG% .54
    FT% .75
    3 pointers 13-23
    Free Throws 3-4
    Reb 9
    Assists 2
    Turnovers 1
    PPG 7

DeShawn Stevenson isn't in Lebron James' league, maybe Lebron James isn't in Lebron James' league..... but DeShawn shot better than James did.

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Wow, Stevenson vs Lebron stats based on a comment I made about him having a habit of being smacked around since HS? :rofl:

I was talking about him talking smack and can't back it up BTW. He didn't play in the McD game because he didn't want to get hurt before the draft. So he showed up talking smack like he always does and got beat to a pulp by his friends and rival school players. Started his career with the Jazz and we were very happy when his antics left the team.

8. LaSalleAve

And I was saying he did back it up. Look at his shooting percentage, and look for the Larry O'Brien trophy.... He also had to guard Brandon Roy, Russell Westbrook, Kobe Bryant, LeBron and Wade, none of which won more than 2 games vs Dallas, all of which had series vs. Dallas that didn't live up to their expectations, you don't think DeShawn's defense had anything to do with that, absolutely nothing? DeShawn is a lifetime bencher what more do you want from the dude? I think he had a phenomenal post season for what he is.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

kobe was hated much more than lebron because he was viewed as a rapist. it was a lot more personal.

Lebron is more like a retard. You almost feel sorry for him since he is clueless.

But this latest comment will just make it worse. People will laugh at him and poke fun but it will go away when he wins it all. Just like it did for Kobe.

People forget everything once you win.

10. LaSalleAve