2010-2011 NBA SEASON THREAD

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Oct 27, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

thats a great idea, but this dude would botch that all up too. He did nothing wrong by going to Miami. He may be the only player in the history of sports to be vilified for taking less money to go somewhere to win a championship, and it's not because he left, it's because of his mouth. The things he says continually make it seem like he is the biggest egomaniac in the world. And what I want to know, is why isn't everyone calling him soft now? Where is Dwayne Wade now?

Dwayne Wade after the 06 Finals.

Hmmm, maybe you should look at your teammate now Dwayne.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

To D-Wade's credit I did hear a clip this morning on the way to work and he said "hey, they were the better team and they deserve all the credit" No excuses, no buts, just straight up give it up to Dallas, they beat us.

3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

After LaSalle's post about Wade's comments in '06, I looked up the box scores out of curiosity. Dirk had a good series although went 2-14 at home in gm 4 after the big comeback from Miami in gm 3.

Jason Terry had a huge series in '06 although only went 7-25 in gm 6 with the Mavs losing by only 3. In that game, Wade missed two free throws with about 6 secs left that could have iced it. Terry missed a 3 at the buzzer that would've tied it. Although I don't remember the actual shot from Terry, I bet that last game has replayed in his mind over the past 5 years with the thought that his poor performance was the difference in losing gm 6. Last night, his play was the difference in winning gm 6.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Had nothing to do with anything. Dude melted due to the pressure, sat on the fringe and watched the arc of the game unfold. The only thing that can save him is a ring. No anthony weiner speech is going to do a thing. He's too far invested with his mouth to be saved now. As I said before, he's not very bright. He keeps adding more and more pressure and it's quite enjoyable to watch.

5. LaSalleAve

Remember when Jason Kidd couldn't shoot the ball, and was a turnover machine, and blew the rim a kiss before his free throws???

Who the f is this Jason Kidd? I like this guy a lot better.

6. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Kidd sure has improved his shot. While he didn't score that much in the finals, he had some clutch shots during the first three rounds for the Mavs.

7. LaSalleAve

man, unless you are a huge MLB fan and can actually watch entire games, or play fantasy baseball without falling asleep, this is going to be a long couple of months until kickoff.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you can bet he doesnt do any white sports.

9. LaSalleAve

I dig horseshoes.

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Just to play the line here.

How many people outside of Miami thought they would be in the Finals year 1? Not many and a majority of the fans and media said it would take 2 or three years with the salary cap limitations.

I think it is comical that people use the hatred to make them see what they want to see and also generalize that it must be this way because everyone hates him and the heat. Kind of like the Cavs owner congratulating the Mavs last night and said I guess it isn't as easy as he thought to buy a championship. What is he going to say when they do win one in the next year or two when it is supposed to go down? Now if they don't win one by year 3 I would very much agree that it would be an epic failure for all involved.

We all know that this stuff is cyclical. When they win there will be haters just like with the Lakers and then the haters will decrease as the years go on as we have seen on numerous occasions. Bandwagoners rejoice!!! But guess what Lebron will continue to be a top 3 in jersey sales and possibly #1 like this year when he is supposedly the most hated player to ever step on a court. LOL

I made some dough this year on that irrational thinking and one of the main reasons I cheered them on up to the Celtics series. I had many friends getting caught up in it and making silly bets like the Heat will not make the playoffs, will be one and done, won't get past the Celtics, Lebron will be overshadowed by Wade, etc...

BTW, I do have a bet that they will win one by year 3 and I don't think I will lose that one either. A lot of money on the line so at least I hope. :) But the point is I can make this bets without odds because of what I said above. Crazy