2010-2011 NBA SEASON THREAD

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Oct 27, 2010.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Nice...

Wanted to see a game 7 but the Mavs are about to seal this thing.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Even god hates lechoke. Who knew.

3. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

Congrats to the Mavs. I think most of America is happy to see them win. They worked hard, stayed loyal to the city, and most of the players are career journeymen like Kidd and Marion that finally get their first title.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Leclueless keeps on giving. Can't wait to hear the dude get slammed for this til he wins a ring.

"Does it bother you that so many people are happy to see you fail?”

"Absolutely not. Because at the end of the day, all the people that was rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that. They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal, but they have to get back to the real world at some point.”

Cmon dude. Delonte west banged your mom. Rashard Lewis banged your girl and you wilted under the pressure bigger than ****.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Lebron may be a king, Dirk is a champion.

been a great past 8 or so years for teams i follow. LSU wins 3 national champions, 2 in football, 1 in baseball. Red Sox win 2 world series, Saints win a superbowl, Mavs win a title.

before 2003, I have never had a team that I root for, win a championship in my lifetime, other than LSU Baseball.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

haha, Lebron is a dickhead, he is no king. If I'm not mistaken that is a self gloss anyway. What kind of an a**hole gives himself his own nickname?

Congrats to the Mavs. I was in thier corner as soon as they dispatched the Thunder.

7. LaSalleAve

He doesn't help himself out much when he speaks does he? (Lebron)

8. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

The thing with Lebron is, if he were to retire without a ring, he won't be a "great player never to win a ring". He will go down as the "biggest failure in NBA history". He's just so unlikable and cocky. His entire career post-Cleveland he will be the most hated player on the court.

9. LaSalleAve

If he would just shut his fuggin mouth i don't think he would be as hated as he is. I mean the dude cannot do anything the right way. He could help an old lady across the street and say something like, my talents were what really got the old lady across the street, or I was willing to lend my talents to the old lady for a minute, do my part.

He just needs to shut up.

10. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I've defended Lebron at times in the past but this comment may stop me from ever defending him again. Only two weeks ago, Lebron seemed like he had grown up a bit off the court and also proved he could play big in the clutch (Celtics/Bulls series).

During the finals, the "Now or Never" tweet at 2 am was unnecessary, he chokes in the 4th qtr of virtually the entire series, mocks Dirk's illness, and then the above quote.

I think the only way he sheds the villain label at this point is to open up about his personal life (if there's any truth to the rumors) and admit that it affected his mental status. Show a human side to his persona. Tell people he's human like everyone else and wants to win so bad that at times it causes him to act like a spoiled brat.

The Delonte West rumors were during the Cavs/Celtics series last year when he was criticized for "checking out". The Rashard Lewis rumors popped up this year during the finals. If my mom and/or longtime girlfriend (basically wife) were doing that type of stuff behind my back, it would definitely affect my mental state. If I knew more of the details, maybe I could give him a bit of a break.