2009 Saints Season Predictions

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Aug 2, 2009.

?

How will the 2009 Saints finish the regular season?

1. Sub .500

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 8-8

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. 9-7

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. 10-6

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
  5. 11-5

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  6. 12-4

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  7. The Saints will win 13 or more games

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Post your 2009 Saints Season Preditions here.

I got the Saints going to the playoffs this season with a regular season record of 10-6.

I'm really excited about this season and I think that the Saints are going to make some noise.

Preseason games are in a matter of days. Let's get pumped up for the season and start talking some Saints football.

How about your predictions?

2. Tiger10

Tiger10 Founding Member

10-6 imo.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I went high with 12-4.

I really believe Williams will turn things around and have the defense in the top 10 in the league.

That would mean 12-4.

4. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

11-5, super bowl win.

5. Tiger10

Tiger10 Founding Member

While I believe that GW will have success here, I wonder how long it will take the personnel to adjust to the new system.

6. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

I went with 10-6.

Let's not kid ourselves, this is the Saints we're talking about. They will "give away" at least 3 games next year. Sadly, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we go 8-8 or worse.

Time will tell.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I'm going 11-5, but not willing to make a prediction on the playoffs before the season. I think with the change in attitude Williams brings to the D and an overall injury situation that has to be better than last year, 3 games improvement is not far-fetched.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Listening to the defensive players that have talked about it on WWL, it sounds like they're having no problem. Randall Gay was talking about it yesterday, saying its the first time (and he played for Saban and Bellichek, along with Gibbs) that his def. coach says he has the freedom to try and make a play if its there (as opposed to staying in a scheme), just as long as he goes all out all the time.

9. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Went 10-6. Would not be surprised if we do a little better than that. Given the history, I would not be surprised if we did worse.

Very optimistic going into this season, though. Really excited about the idea of Pierre Thomas going into the season as the feature back. I think he's been ready for a while and now will get his chance.

The defensive side of the ball is where I'm most excited. The secondary should be light-years better than last year, if for no other reason than not having Josh Bullocks back there. Add to that Darren Sharper, a healthy Tracy Porter, and Jabari Greer and I'm stoked! With an aggressive defense from Gregg Williams, they shouldn't have to cover their men as long as last year.

I'm sure I'm probably getting my hopes up just to see them fall on their face again, but that's what August and being a fan is all about!

10. clair

clair Rockets

9-7.

Facing the AFC East and the NFC East with their usual 6 against the Bucs, Panthers and Falcons will be a TOUGH schedule.

9 wins and more likely to be 8 imo, but can be as high as 11 if the defense plays well.