2009 Offers

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Feb 8, 2008.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Outstanding.

I think you have McCarron and Lipscomb as bolded even though they are not 5 star.

Looks great. Love the red! :wave:

2. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

scout lists RB Tim Simon, WR Shaquelle Evans, and CBs Gerald West and Chad Bumphis with an offer from LSU. I guess CParso and islstl can check those on rivals

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I'll add Freeman (per Scout) and Walters (per Rivals)

RB Tim Simon--Alabama (NR)
    WR Shaquelle Evans--California (4*)
    OT Chris Freeman--Ohio (NR)
    OT Mason Walters--Texas (4*)
    ATH Chad Bumphis--Mississippi (NR)
    CB Gerald West--Alabama (NR)

4. pjnchamps

5. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

6. GarlicMeatball

GarlicMeatball Founding Member

That is 12 in state offers....and that is the number of in state offers that Janzen said Miles was going to make this year.....I have a hard time believing Lacy isnt going to be offerred unless there are some major character issues Im not aware of....

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Miles meant he is looking to take LOI from about 12 LA recruits. These early offers are to gauge interest and getting these kids into camp at LSU especially the out of state kids.

Later in the process we will learn which 12 or so from LA have commitable offers.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I believe these are the final 12 Louisiana recruits, unless something changes (or something has been reported inaccurately).

Louisiana prospects that get offered before Jr Day (apparently all of those on the list) may not quite have commitable offers (meaning they cannot commit right now), but they are expected to be commitable after camp (they can commit soon).

We offer too many out of state prospects for all of those offers to be truly commitable, but in-state is different because we offer a very small & defined amount of scholarships with a very strong guess at how many of them we will get commitments from(100%).

Lacy does have character concerns, as well as grade questions.

9. pjnchamps

FYI. I have a friend that takes classes with Russell Shepard's gf and she saw me watchin a video of him told me she takes classes with his gf so she came and ate lunch with us in the Union so I sneaked in a few questions his gf said lipscomb and them have become great friends. Apparently she runs the relationship and he will be at LSU and she told me to just look at his myspace. So lets hope they wont have any relationship problems anytime and she is a very confident lady.

also here is Dexter Pratt profile:
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=105601543

10. philter

philter Founding Member

I think we'll open up some more roster spots with some recommendations to players and/or voluntary transfers and sign up to 22/3. Coming off our NC and lots of interest from TX and FL recruits early and with La. so top heavy it would be wise to make room.