2009 Offers

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Feb 8, 2008.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Tom Savage, QB from PA, was offered by LSU according to Sonny.

2. philter

philter Founding Member

For in state QBs look out for Wes Luquette, he has performed very well at our camps and the coaches like him. His family is wealthy, he may be asked to walk on due to numbers but he is good enough to earn a scholly eventually.

3. jgordey3

jgordey3 Founding Member

yea I go to the same school as Wes (Newman in New Orleans) Newman is an ultra rich school (some examples of alumni and families there mannings, oreck vacuums people, john goodmans daughter is a junior)
    anyway he has a really strong arm and has had since he was in like 7th grade

4. jgordey3

jgordey3 Founding Member

also Jeffrey Hampton (09), Mandela Kazi don't know if they are LSU quality and Ronnie Vinson SS/WR (2010) think he is LSU quality but still a little early to tell but I have played sports with all these guys are all from newman

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

According to Rivals.com, add the following:

In State:

OL Chris Faulk (NR)
    ATH Montrell Conner (4*)

Out of State:

RB Bryce Brown--Wichita,KS (5*)
    OT John Martinez--Salt Lake City,UT (4*)
    DE Justin Chaisson--Las Vegas,NV (4*)
    DE Devon Kennard--Phoenix,AZ (5*)
    DT Stephen Barrera--Houston,TX (NR)
    MLB Kevin Minter--Suwanee,GA (NR)
    MLB Tana Patrick--Stevenson,AL (4*)
    OLB Frankie Telfort--Miami,FL (4*)
    DB Marcus Davis--League City,TX (NR)
    S Zawanza Starling--Tallahassee,FL (NR)
    ATH E.J. Banks--McKees Rocks,PA (NR)
    ATH Dexter Pratt--Navasota,TX (NR)

PS - I would eliminate the double line spacing to make it more readable

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

This John Martinez update was posted today by the Recruiting Editor for WeAreSC so I thought I'd share.

"I spoke to John the other day and was waiting for a picture before I published an update. John told me it was USC, LSU and then the other schools. Someone posted on this board that John said it's USC and Okie State. I got clarification from John's father, Steve Martinez, on where John stands.

"It's really those three, or more accurately, it's USC and the rest of the field."

I also read that as of right now he will attend the Rising Stars camp, make an official visit to USC, and has tentative plans to attend a fall game in Baton Rouge with this dad. His mom would like him to take a visit to Ohio St.

7. islstl

bhelm, tremendous job with this thread and a great idea btw

One thing to consider is due to the huge number of players we are going to eventually have in your list, you might want to order them by position so we can get a good read on how many we are offering at each position. My guess is OL is good enough for all O-linemen, whereas DT and DE are probably a good way to represent D-linemen (just like OLB and MLB for LB position). I would also continue to separate DB and S like you have it.

Maybe even consolidate the in-state vs out-of-state lists and just underline the Louisiana players to stand out from the rest (bolding the 5 star is a good idea).

Again, great job on the thread. It's already my favorite by far on the '09 class.

8. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Dang, I'm glad your not my boss!:lol::lol: Were you a drill sargent in the marines or did you just watch a lot of Gomer Pyle?:rofl::rofl:

9. islstl

Well gaaaaaaaaaaleee!

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Glad you enjoy it and let me know if I need to adjust it with any other ideas. And do not worry I will not try to make a commitable vs. non in the future so enjoy it while we can.

I put the LA locations in red instead if underlining them because I am not your bitch.:lol: