2009 Offers

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Feb 8, 2008.

1. clair

clair Rockets

keiland is 100%.

2. tboy

tboy Founding Member

You must admit that is confusing. I just think of it in terms of next year's recruiting class. So basically you expect Ford to move up in the rankings by the time we hopefully sign him.

3. clair

clair Rockets

In general with the limited scholly, how many people do you expect to be offered?

Obviously, it will be more than the allotted scholarships. Then the "committable offer" business begins.

4. dudley

dudley oops!

If anyone is wondering why A. J. McCarron is drawing so much interest go over to YouTube and enter A J McCarron. That's his SOPHOMORE highlight reel! He would be a perfect fit for Crowton's offense. Unfortunately from everything I've read he seems likely to be an early commit to Bama.

5. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Doesn't Russell Shepard have a offer from us some articles say yes but one would imagine he definitely would have one if his teammate RB Lipscomb who hopefully can help recruit him to LSU since he's from here.

6. clair

clair Rockets

apparently not yet, but that will change anyday, I would imagine.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I mean, we usually offer a hundred or so prospects a year, so 5 or 6 less scholarships to offer won't really affect how many prospects get offered.

This thread works for now because if a prospect has an offer already then it is committable, but as the process goes on this thread will get very murky because there will be a lot of guessing for which prospects have true (aka committable) offers.

8. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

He's talking about two different running backs. One is Ford, who will possibly be a top-5 back in the class of '09. The second is a guy out of Arkansas, who will likely be the #1 back in the class of 2010. They are both expected to sign with LSU (although it's a little early to be banking on an out of state guy who isn't coming out until 2010--although he supposedly has been big LSU fan since he was a kid).

9. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Oh, now I get it. I always worry about getting top out of state recruits. We get a few like our great CB we just signed, but percentage wise we lose out on most of them. Hopefully we can get him. Arky's coach now is a real shady character IMO. I wouldn't put anything past Petrino in terms of recruiting.

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I think it's been explained now. Sorry if it was confusing.

You said you wish the great RBs could be spread out more, over this ('09) & next year ('10). I was pointing out that they are, as we'll likely get a top 5 back in each class.