2009 Offers

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Feb 8, 2008.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I love this kid already. When I was in high school, I wrote a term paper on Knute Rockne (who is arguably the Vince Lombardi of college football).

My point is that it's awesome to see that there are high school kids that idolize Les Miles... which is not that surprising based on the seasons he had from 2005-2007.

2. Kbraun

Kbraun Founding Member

Do you guys think that we would drop a scholarship if RR or TR told us he was going to commit but there were no scholarships left?

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

What do you mean? Drop a current commit?

We wouldn't "drop" them. We may tell them to look around, or offer them a grayshirt instead.

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I suppose a scholarsip or two may become available if someone currently on one "transfers".

5. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

The updated Rivals 100 includes the following LSU commits:

#5 Shepard, QB -- Big mover: Called the most dynamic offensive playmaker in Houston since Vince Young and his numbers speak for themselves. In 12 games as a senior, Shepard has rushed for 1,947 yards and 29 touchdowns. His passing numbers are just as impressive with 1,849 through the air and 18 touchdowns. He’s also only thrown four interceptions.

#16 Jackson, DB -- Big mover: Recorded 93 tackles, five interceptions and 15 pass breakups as a junior. Senior film shows more of the same, which is why he saw a nice move up the charts to become one of the nation’s newest five-star prospects.

#26 Davenport, DT -- Recorded 120 tackles, 20 TFLs and 18 sacks as a junior.

#43 Faulk, OL -- Destroyed anybody in his path at the LSU camp, showing he's an elite line prospect.

#77 Ford, RB -- The numbers speak for themselves: 2,953 yards on 340 carries in 12 games as a senior.

6. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

If Loston, Debose, and Mingo all commit and this class exceeds my very high expectations. Possibility of RR, and a few other defensive playmakers(LB or DL) and it will just be beyond sick.

Sure hope some people here take note of who recruited these kids and delivered them.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

good for you, its long overdue we thank mr. bradley dale peveto.

8. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

I hear you Dude & I agree. That just brings up the facts which drive me nuts. With all that talent & great recruiting ability you would think you or I could coach those guys & be competitive so how is it that LSU was so bad on defense this year... O yeah, if Miles is willing to keep them & try another year its ok with me. I like most fans am interested in wins no matter who is on the staff.. With a number one recruiting class it's hard to argue with the recruiting results. He's the captain, its his boat, lets see where he sails it..

9. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

10. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Six LSU commits made USA Today's All-USA football team:

First Team
    --DB Janzen Jackson (Barbe, Lake Charles, LA)

Second Team
    --QB Russell Shepard (Houston, TX)
    --RB Michael Ford (Leesville, LA)
    --OL Stavion Lowe (Brownwood, TX)
    --DL Chris Davenport (Mansfield, LA)
    --DB Craig Loston (Houston, TX)

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/football/2008-all-usa.htm?csp=34

[​IMG]