2009 NASCAR Season

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by CajunlostinCali, Jan 23, 2009.

1. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

I would like to see that as well.

But i just don't think he can do it. There's something missing in Jr. He's got the talent, but he doesn't have that 'fire' or 'will' to win. At least it seams that way. He definitely ain't "intimidating" like his father was.

But I do hope he wins a championship soon.

2. Hot Sauce

Hot Sauce she's babylicious

That would be nice seeing them hookup together.

Gonna take some time not seeing Tony in that #20 Home Depot.

Give'em hell Tony!

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I think Jr. is a hype monster. I love the dude as a human being, just that the hype overshadows his talent. I feel his problem is communication and in that he is unable to effectively communicate changes he wants versus changes he gets. He and whatever crew have always had a hard time adjusting for the better in a race. The only person that truly ever understood his needs was Eury Sr.

Although I included HMS I excluded Jr. That is I find him independent given his communication efforts. He has the talent to always be a top 5 driver, just not the luck to be consistent year round. Mark Martin is living proof.

He may very well compete for a season top 3, but he will not win a championship this year.

4. Beer

Beer Founding Member

He does carry a lot of hype, however I think he may be too caught up in being a celebrity. Perhaps his heart isn't truly in racing or maybe its just a little too consumed with when he will next appear on MtV Cribs. As for Eury Jr. IMHO his cuz cost him at least a handful of races last season. Left him on the track too long at times, brought him in when he shouldn't have at others. I just don't think TUjr is a very good crew chief. You mentioned the 48 and again, IMO, Knauss is the best CC in the sport. The guy Always makes the right call, Always. You would think that with Big Ricks Big Wallet they could get dale a big time shot caller.

you know, one with 20 inch wheels on the impala:grin:

1 person likes this.
  5. CajunlostinCali

JGR

Leading the pack in expectations this year is none other then shrub. Lil turd won 8 races, had 17 top 5's and 21 top 10's with two poles and finished 10th in points. :huh: So phuck em. He is however a fantasy steal but I won't say where...

Denny Hamlin is suffering from sophomore blues but I think due more to the fact that JGR fell behind a tick with a full season of the COT. His crew and sponsor remain intact so with a pocket full of notes, the coach might just be elevating him to a position of leadership and over-watching MILF target Joey Lagono. Sure the kid can race but now it is the big time and the fact that Zippy can bring it, it is ALL about communication so I gotta geaux with "sliced bread" finishing mid pack come seasons end with rookie of the year honors to get his trip to New York. I will fully expect both the 11 and the 18 to return to the chase this year.

Earnhardt Ganassi Racing

Wow, what a goat phuck they got here! Driver line up:

1 Martin Truex Jr.
    8 Aric Almirola
    42 Juan Pablo Montoya
    41 ? Thats right ?

What can you say about this motley crew? All is merged however there is no sponsor and no driver for the 41. As for every one else's sponsors, there are still too many questions to answer, and they are the ones with the answers. Points? I won't even begin to answer that mess, somehow I believe they don't even know the answer. They will all drive Chevy's and retain at least a portion of sponsorship from last year.

Truex seems to be the most sound driver in the bunch as he has a history with his crew and crew chief. Almirola has a T O N of talent but lacks the experience necessary to even be considered a contender and there is pimp daddy Juan Pablo, I did not think he would come along as quick as he did. He still drives like a madman, great for the sport but this year I expect him to finish higher then Truex...Just a gut feeling on that one

6. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

What I think are NASCARs problems

1.) They should stay on FOX all Season! I cant stand watching the NBC crew!

2.) Season should be shortened like Cali said and cut out some of the repeat visits to a quite a few tracks. Once Football season gets here Nascar becomes the redhead step child!

Now Cali who do you see as the newcomers to watch this season??????

7. CajunlostinCali

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

1 person likes this.
  9. CajunlostinCali

Yates Racing

What a come back for YR last season. Just when they were on the ledge the, old man retires from running a business and bust out his tool box to work on engines, and the new generation takes off. YR did very well last year running the front of mid pack and finishing off races consistently better then they started. Things have changed for this year with some returns and some not so sure's. This years line up includes:

Travis Kvapil returns yet still without sponsorship for the 28. WTF? Dude is a pure racer so I just don't get why it is so hard to put stickers on that hood. With that, his points are transfered to Bobby Labonte in the 96 car recently sponsored by ask.com. Labonte runs the Hall of Fame Racing collaboration through Yates. Paul Menard inherits the points from the now parked 38 car driven by David Gilliland who remains on contract through the end of this season.

Paul Menard is a douche, no doubt about it as without any raw talent, he exist through his family name. Prick will always have a job.

As a side note; Bobby Labonte has driven a Pontiac, a Chevy, a Dodge, and A Ford. Withstanding an Oldsmobile and a Toyota he has about wheeled em all.

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member