2009 Citrus Bowl Thread-LSU v Penn St.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, Dec 28, 2009.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Ya, it should. It had one at first, but someone turned it off for some reason. The game is in 3 days.

1 person likes this.
  2. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

Apparently something is going on with the management. I tried hammering it up there but that just broke my screen.

3. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Peterson and Riley: Chavis is "fired up" for Penn State.

“I’ve never seen him this happy since his first day of practice last spring,” Tigers cornerback Patrick Peterson said. “He’s really fired up and I’m excited about that.”

Added senior linebacker Perry Riley, “He definitely wants to win. I don’t know if it’s because it’s his first bowl game at LSU or because of what his last experience was against Penn State. But he’s definitely fired up about this game and wants us to play the way we need to play to get the win.”

That might have something to do with Chavis’ record against Penn State from his days at Tennessee. Three of the Nittany Lions’ 23 bowl wins under legendary coach Joe Paterno have come at the Volunteers’ expense, all while Chavis was on the UT staff: 42-17 in the 1992 Fiesta Bowl, 31-13 in the 1994 Citrus Bowl and 20-10 in the 2007 Outback Bowl.

2theadvocate.com | Sports | CB Peterson: Chavis ?fired up? for Penn State — Baton Rouge, LA

4. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I get nervous thinking about our line play on both sides of the ball. But then I remembered. This is LSU! :wave:

I'm excited about this one. PSU is a great program with a rich history, and it should be a great game :popcorn:

:geaux:

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Chavis is going to want to hand it to PSU for his previous losses, and now has the defensive personnel to shut their offense down. I'm looking forward to this game... Joe Pa is a great coach, and it'll be an honor to beat him and start 2010 off right.

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i think those UT teams all had good SEC defenses.

7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Prolly did... but there's no way our Offense can be as bad as UT's over the last couple of years.

8. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

haven't watched many games this season? :yelwink2:

back to chavis's lack of success against PSU, is anyone else reading deeper into this than they should be? it seems like PSU offenses have gotten the better of him in past years. UT usually had solid defenses under him, but gave up 42 and 31 points. that would be entirely too much for our offense to put up. it's different teams, different schemes, but still.... :grin:

realistically, i don't see LSU scoring more than, say, 21 or 24 points. and i have a kickoff/punt return accounting for 6 of those points. if we settle for FGs, and get a special teams TD, that means that just one or two offensive TDs would suffice. i think we can score one or two offensive touchdowns, but i would hate to have to rely on a defensive or STs touchdown.

9. PSU_Gris Gris

PSU_Gris Gris Freshman

Daryll Clark has a tendancy to get too "amped-up" for some big games. He sometimes will overthrow his receivers during PSU's initial offensive downs & then try to force a few. That being said, he also has the potential to get into a zone & light it up. I hope both DC & JJ bring their "A" games...PSU 32 LSU24..........LET'S ROCK!!!!!

WE ARE.....​

[​IMG]

10. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

[​IMG]

3 people like this.