2009 Citrus Bowl Thread-LSU v Penn St.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, Dec 28, 2009.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

Scout.com: 2010 Capital One Bowl - Penn State vs. LSU

"Penn State was supposed to be good with a veteran team returning and a schedule that went beyond favorable into the ridiculous. The non-conference schedule was embarrassing,...The Nittany Lions clunked in both test games, losing to the Buckeyes and the Hawkeyes by a combined score of 45 to 17,

LSU’s claim to greatness, or to at least be considered among the very good, was not sucking against the big boys.

While neither team quite lived up to expectations as far as quality of play, it’s a major reach to say that either underachieved.

Players to Watch: the best tackle in this game, and possibly the best player in the game, is senior Jared Odrick , the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year according to the coaches. An athletic space-eater inside, he’s the anchor for a tremendous defensive front seven and is great at collapsing the pocket and providing pressure.

QB Jordan Jefferson ... Against the Nittany Lions, he’ll have to use his mobility to make Lee and Bowman worry about the possibility of taking off, and then he’ll have to take advantage of the one-on-one matchups against a good, but not elite secondary. It’s not a stretch to say that he’ll have to outplay Clark for LSU to win.

Penn State will win if ... the run defense plays like the Penn State run defense, and the LSU offensive line plays like it has all season long.

LSU will win if ... the game comes down to Darryl Clark.

What will happen:
    It’s not going to be a pretty game. Both offensive lines underachieved this year and will get destroyed by the opposing defensive fronts.

LSU defensive coordinator John Chavis will dare Clark to try to beat the strong Tiger corners.

However, LSU’s offense won’t go anywhere for long stretches, either.

The difference will be the field position and the special teams.

CFN Prediction: LSU 20 … Penn State 17"

2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

hoping that our Tigers are more motivated than the fanbase seems to be. very little buzz here and elsewhere concerning the game.

hoping our 18 seniors can pull us through....

are we disappointed or spoiled or both?

3. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

I'm excited for the game, it just seems like it will never get here.

4. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

I was told Penn State sold there allotment of tickets right away and LSU didn't as of Saturday. :dis::dis:

Correct me if I am wrong,this was hearsay. I didn't actually see it printed anywhere.

5. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Each school was allotted 12,000 tickets. LSU sold them out before the invitation even became official.

Mon Dec 7
    --Penn State fans have already purchased more than 7,000 of the 12,000 tickets to the Capital One Bowl allotted to Penn State (LINK)

Wed. Dec. 9
    --LSU fans had bought all 12,000 Capital One Bowl tickets before the invitation became official this past Sunday (LINK).

1 person likes this.
  6. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

It's been 36 seasons since LSU and Penn State played on the football field, but longtime Lions coach Joe Paterno has a vivid memory of the environment his team encountered at the 1974 Orange Bowl.
    "I've got to get our fans ready to get in there and do their job because it's going to be a wild game," Paterno said. "Their fans, they are as good as anybody's in the country."
    Asked if he had any plans to visit Disney World with his grandchildren or ride any roller coasters, Paterno quipped, "I'll probably be at church praying. May not make it another year."

Nittany Lions impressed by LSU's Jefferson - Big Ten Network

7. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

Thanks JohnLSU! Glad to see it in print, thought we were slacking some when I heard that.:thumb:

8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Apparently we found more...

9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

The closer this game gets, the bigger and better it seems. I just think this is a really good game, LSU-PS...two great programs, great fans and classy coaches. Hope no one stoops to poopin on Jo Pa. I just hope we win easily so I don't get in the dog house with my wife for foul language. I am fired up.

hwr

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

This should have a sticky, so that it is ready and waiting for gameday. As excited as I am for this game, to see our Tigers dominate in another bowl, to show signs of what is to come in 2010, I am also sad because it marks the beginning of the longest period known to the college football fan. The offseason, uggg.:geaux: