2007/2008 New Orleans Hornets

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by macatak911, Oct 27, 2007.

1. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

agreed, although pargo has been a decent backup in spurts.

mo pete would be a great backup 2 guard.

finding a solid 2 guard that can put the ball in the basket adn pull or drive is the missing piece to this equation. hopefully they'll address it in the offseason. there is no third option behind paul and west. SA shut down peja.

we need one more weapon in the backcourt.

but the contract situation looks good. wells being the only unrestricted free agent of note.
    this team will come back in tact next year and hopefully pick up some improvements.

great job, bees!!!!!!

2. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

I agree and I have to say I picked a great year to find a place in my sports heart for the nba! I really had a blast this season and you guys have been great keeping me in the conversations and the know!

Really good times and now I can't wait till next season and see what the hornets and magic do on the offseason!

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

The difference in coaching was really highlighted last night, when the Hornets cut it to 3, a timeout should have been called during that 4 offensive rebound possesion, instead of letting it play. This is a young team and I would have called a timeout with 1 minute 15 left, down 3 to run a set play to get 2 points or at least to the free throw line.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I feel that big scoring threat Center is what this teams needs down the road. Chandler is pretty good but he is not forcing teams to double team him. We need a bigman who will take some of the pressure off of West because almost every shot he took this series was contested. That will also open up scoring opportunities for the outside shooters.

SA took control of this series when they put Bowen on Peja. Bowen stuck to him and rarely played help defense and Peja took very minimal shots the last 3 or 4 games. This allowed the the SA defense to sink into the paint and contest all the shots in the lane.

A bigman who demands attention downlow could relive some of that pressure in the future. Will also help prevent teams from getting a ton of offensive boards and 2nd chance pts, as we saw last night.

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I agree completely. They were throwing shots in desparation. They needed to slow it down and attack the basket with a designed play. There was enough time.

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

First you need to acquire West. But I think Boozer and Okur will suffice.

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

:grin:

I call the Hornets "we" as well. I did have season tickets for 3 years and I am surrounded by diehard Bee fans in my family.

1 person likes this.
  8. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

These are some of the reasons why I question why the Hornets let Brandon Bass go. They had to see that Chandler has no type of offensive game besides catching alleys and Bass had potential. Hopefully a big man can drop to them or make some type of trade to trade up in the draft. Don't remember all of the big man right now that has a good offensive that entered the draft besides one of the Stanford twins and Hebert from Georgetown are the first two that come to mind.

One thing I remember about Peja at Sac was they ran set plays with multiple picks which is something I havent noticed the Hornets to do. Also the Hornets made no type of Defensive adjustments the whole series and got killed on wide open three and jump shots from simple ball movement.

Wouldn't be surprised for them to pick up Chris Duhon as another back up guard since Mike James price tag or asking price will probably more than Chris' asking price. Gotta get Birdman back playing also.

9. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Being that the Hornets two main needs via most publications are SG and C and most have them taking a C in the first round which I hope is former Georgetown Center 7`2 Roy Hibbert or SG Chris Douglas-Roberts from Memphis but a later SG option if he's still available is Adrian Foster from Vanderbilt. A good FA signing if he doesnt get Drafted is Kentrell Gransberry because he defends and rebounds very good.He also was invited to the NBA pre-draft camp .

10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Two great players that would be excellent pick ups. Each can create and light it up from deep.

It is Shan Foster btw (who is from N.O.). :) A few services still have Ty Lawson goign to the Hornets and I still can not figure out why.

PJ, here are some write-ups from Draft Express on day two regarding a few of the people you have mentioned.