2007/2008 New Orleans Hornets

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by macatak911, Oct 27, 2007.

1. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Grow up? You're the one that sounds like a naive teenager. Keep drinking whatever that is...because it's working!

The Hornets are losing this game because they're taking bad shots and missing too many. The Spurs live and die with the three pointers and they're on tonight.

As far as being a homer...it's not just this game. The officiating these days id all over the place. If you don't think certain players get the calls, then you're living in dreamland.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I dont care about the other officiating. I am talking about that one call that you refuse to admit that you were wrong about which supported your conspiracy theory of 5 on 8.

Glad to see you can now see why the Hornets are losing without acting like an eight year old. Now go grab that beer, I f'ing hate the Spurs. ;)

3. PURPLE TIGER

Conspiracy theory? I disagree with one call and it's a conspiracy theory? You must be a Democrat! If someone doesn't believe what you believe in, they're wrong.

I don't think Paul was shooting but I do believe he was fouled.

4. PURPLE TIGER

Since you want a theory, I'll give you one...

I don't believe so many teams are winning at home because...

1) The home team is pumped up due to the crowd...

2) The opposing team is intimidated due to the crowd...

3) The home team is comfortable in their own arena...

I think the refs call more for the home team because they're more intimidated by the crowd than the players.

Tonight's game is all about 3-pointers. The main gripe I have is that Oberto camps out in the lane and never gets called. That gives them enough inside presence to keep the Hornets from sliding out to defend the 3-pointers.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

PT, he was fouled, but that is not what they look at on replay. It is when he was fouled -- which was after the quarter ended. Therefore none of that counts.

That is an interesting theory, but these same refs have been around for years, and are under more scrutiny now than ever. Not to mention the W-L the last two years has been 16-10 and 13-10 I believe.

A more logical reason is perhaps that the teams are so even, thus trading home games...like SEC teams do. Plus psychologically visiting players play differently on the road. If you have an ESPN Insider account they had a roundtable discussion about the psychological difference which was very interesting.

6. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

At least they've made a game of it.

7. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

8. Carface

Carface What the...?

Disappointing end to an otherwise great season. It was fun, though.

9. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Last night was a major disappointment for sure. However, it was a great season, and like Byron Scott has said, this is great experience for the future. This team has all the makings to be around for a while. Would be nice to find a replacement for MoPete though.

10. Carface

Carface What the...?

MoPete would make a solid backup. I'd worry more about the bench (Pargo, Bonzi, James, Armstrong, Bowen...) right now because that part of the team is kind of embarassing.