2007/2008 New Orleans Hornets

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by macatak911, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Carface

Carface What the...?

Thirty more minutes. I am nervous... my oh my...

2. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I just got home and turned on the game just in time to see another huge B.S. call by the refs that went the Spurs way.

If the Hornets get screwed again, that's it for me for the year.

The MVP was a joke, the officiating has been inconsistent, and having to watch Charles "dumbass" Barkley is utterly painful!

Go Hornets! 8 on 5 and you can still do it!

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

What call are you talking about?

4. PURPLE TIGER

Call it a shooting foul or call it on the floor but either way Paul was fouled by Ginoboli.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

It was after the quarter ended and is no different than them running into each other in the hallway leaving halftime. In other words, the refs did a great job to use the video available to make right call and not just assume.

Time to grow up and enjoy your teams best season ever.

6. PURPLE TIGER

Your opinion...not fact.

It's also no different than them calling a foul and the player shooting five seconds later and them calling it a continuation.

Dr. Naismith must be rolling in his grave with the NBA's interpretation of rules.

7. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

:lol: That isn't an opinion, it is a fact (rule). WTF are you talking about?

Seriously, grab a beer and enjoy the game. It is much more enjoyable when you don't watch it from a black helicopter.

8. PURPLE TIGER

We have a ref that bet on how many games?...and a former player who admits betting millions...yet we still feature him on the NBA broadcast...and we don't think that we may have a ref who's playing favorites? You would have to be crazy or stupid to believe there's no bias in the officiating.

I'm not real concerned with cheating as much as how every ref calls the same play differently. They just interpret the rules however they want.

Had Michael Jordan shot that ball before the quarter, it would have been a three point foul. Had LeBron James shot it, they would've called it a two shot foul. Chris Paul shoots it and it's after the buzzer.

Two years from now, Chris Paul will get that call. That's ridiculous!...but TRUE!

9. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Seriously grow up. There may be discrepancies between traveling and even fouls...

But they reviewed that call at the monitor, with 4 guys looking at it. It is obvious you dont understand how they do this. They have two screens and can see when contact is made and when the backboard is lit up. It isn't a call that is made with an opinion. If MJ was going the speed of light and made time stop, then yes, he would have gotten that call.

Plus, Dick Bavetta is one of the best in the business...and there is a reason the officials doing the games now are doing them. They get calls wrong but not everyone is a complete homer and looks for them all game for just one team.

And I have no idea how Charles Barkley is involved in this. Gambling is legal for him and many others. What are you talking about?

10. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i'm a huge hornets fan, but the quarter (the first one that is) ended before paul

a) was fouled

and

b) took the shot

now with that said, i think tony parker can draw fouls during warmups.

i'm so nervous right now, i hope these guys can pull it out, i don't have a great feeling about this.