2007/2008 New Orleans Hornets

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by macatak911, Oct 27, 2007.

1. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I sure hope Chandler's foot isn't too bad. If we don't have him the rest of the series, it's going to be tough to close out. Same goes for David West's back. Long rest after Game 6 if we don't close out then, but this sucks. It's supposed to be the Spurs that need the rest, not us.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I think Chandler should sit out game 6, if necessary. Even if you're throwing the game away, you must have Chandler out on that court for game 7, otherwise Pop will exploit that to the hilt and the Hornets are likely to lose game 7 at home.

Lakers/Jazz appears headed to 7 games anyway. So no advantage for either of those teams getting rest.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

who knew david west could go on beast mode all day. i mean, besides you and pop.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Wish I could have seen more of the game last night but it was hard flipping back and forth durung that great LSU game last night. But everytime I flipped over, West was dominating.

West was frustrated by Oberto and Duncan's defense the last 2 games on the Spurs floor. That was their plan and it worked like it was supposed to being that they are 2 veterans and West is still a youngster. But that is what is impressive, West did not fold and game back with a vengenece. A young guy who can do that this early in his career is very valuable experience and downright scary for West's future in the league.

Sorry I have to throw the Jazz in here but the Jazz and Hornets are very young teams having great success. The Jazz always have very low turnover each year and coach Sloan makes each player develop to their role. Sloan also makes sure his bench guys can come in without a big dropoff or change in philosophy.

I expect the same from the Hornets the next few years. The core will stay in tact for the next 5 years and they will keep getting better by adding bench players each year who will mesh with the style of play they are successful with. The Hornets and Jazz are going to be a force to be reackoned with in the West for sometime IMO.

5. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I hope the Hornets come back to win tonight but I'm not sticking around to find out.

I'm not sure how they're hanging around playing 8 versus 5 but they're doing it.

WAIT...there's hope. They actually called a foul on Tim Duncan!...and the game is in San Antonio.

Ginoboli gets away with murder just like punk Bruce Bowen.

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Spurs have done a great job getting the ball out of Paul's hands tonight. And it appears David West has a little bobo.

7. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

No point even watching a game played in SA its ridiculous the calls they get.

8. bhelmLSU

All the NBA shows are asking why such a discrepency between home and away games this year?

IMO it is the calls and I really do not trust some of these refs after the one got caught gambling last year. I know home teams will get slightly favorable calls and I expect that. But there has to be some sort of line that I am not seeing as clear as years past.

I do not think all refs are just trying to screw teams either. Just some philosophy or habits are out of sync.

9. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Founding Member

bhelmlsu,

imo the reason teams aren't winning playoff games on the road is pretty simple, there are no great teams in the NBA this season. Look at the parity in the west. the celtics had a terrific regular season but c'mon, they play in the east. every previous nba championship team won at least 3 road games on their way to claiming the title.

10. bhelmLSU

That is an opinion but having parity doesn't mean there are no great teams. I can see the point that no team has established enough consistency in the post season to be called great but that still wouldn't mean they couldn't win road games in the playoffs.

Bolded sentence is pretty broad. No matter who the champ is this year they still can win 3 games in the current round and the next 2 rounds. Dont think that has much relevance the way you stated it.