2007/2008 New Orleans Hornets

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by macatak911, Oct 27, 2007.

1. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

I'm not going to get into the whole NOLA vs OKC debate, well because quite frankly, OKC is irrelevant in regard to the Hornets

The picture is from a preseason game.

I know that the count this past Friday was bad but the Hornets in New Orleans is a work in progress....They pissed a lot of people off with the whole OKC love fest. Winning solves everything though.

2. macatak911

Hornets try to get to 4-0 tonight @ Kobe....9:30 CST tip...

3. clair

clair Rockets

Oklahoma City is a joke and a fraud.

It's one thing to sell tickets when you know you have a team for a limited amount of time, b/c the demand is high.

it's a complete different banana when they are "your" team.

Once the Sonics go there, there will be plenty of empty seats after the 1st season when the team is 18-34 at the All-Star break.

1 person likes this.
  4. macatak911

Agreed, I do think NOLA needs to step up and buy tickets and support this team. They look goood....

...whats your take on the Hornets this year clair? I'm looking forward to some Hornets/Rockets games! :thumb:

5. clair

clair Rockets

it's the same as the Rockets, to be honest.

They look real good, but you can't say great just yet until you can see if those fragile bones hold up for 82 games.

If you stack up the best teams in the NBA on day 1 of the season, they'd be right up there at the top, but the title isn't decided on day 1, so if they stay healthy, they'll be fine.

I have to support this year. The minority owner is from Cut Off, aka, my hometown. :)

6. macatak911

21 Assists by CP3!

10 3's from Peja!

Hornets beat the Lakers! 4-0!

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Peja is the key to the season. He needs to stay healthy for most of the year. Peja is opening up the middle of the floor all day.

1 person likes this.
  8. clair

clair Rockets

Peja is a little too inconsistent for my tastes, but I guess in a playoff series, he just has to be hot 4 out of 7 games.

Hornets fans are a little spoiled because they have CP3, but when you watch a team like the Rockets (who have a decent at best PG), you appreciate so much more just how good CP3 and Deron Williams and Nash, etc... are.

9. macatak911

Hornets dropped one to Portland (at Portland, end of a back to back against LAL and they couldnt leave LA till the next day due to fog...so they get a pass for losing to Portland) and San Antonio....Beat Philly last night...

5-2

10. macatak911

6-2

Beat the Nets at the Nets on the back end of a back to back. CPS hits a fadeaway layup to go up by 2.....Game Hornets!

You guys should really go see this team, they are so fun to watch!