Crime 2 NYPD officers fatally shot in ambush

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Dec 20, 2014.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

black white red, police use of force in some of these situations are too much. Also, the guy fired into the dark because he was startled was the initial report from this one.

LaSalleAve likes this.
  2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Tompkinsville, Staten Island. Ethnically diverse. Black, white, Hispanic, Sri Lankan.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

And important to once again point out that the supervising officer in the Garner case was a black female. She testified that Garner did not seem under duress and therefore no immediate medical attention was necessary. So why was Deblasio even discussing how he had warned his biracial son against officers when the supervisor here was a black female?

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He should give his son a T shirt that says "Don't Shoot Me! My Daddy's the Mayor!"

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Absolutely agree.

LaSalleAve and HalloweenRun like this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Since this thread is about fallen officers, I remember Aubrey Hawkins, as I'm sure everyone that lived in DFW does at the time he was slain by the Texas 7. @StaceyO you remember him, the Irving Officer that was gunned down at Academy today in the year 2000. I hope his family has found peace and I'm glad what's left of the 7 are either dead or on death row.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I will always remember that story. It was so sad. A couple of years later, I taught the daughter of the DA who was prosecuting the case. It took all of his time.

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

"The number of law enforcement officers killed by firearms jumped by 56 percent this year and included 15 ambush deaths.....
    The annual report by the nonprofit National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund found that 50 officers were killed by guns this year. That's far higher than the 32 such deaths last year but the same as 2012 figures.

In 2011, 73 officers were killed in gunfire, the most in any year in the past decade. The average since 2004 is 55 police deaths annually....This year's increase in gun-related deaths among officers followed a dramatic dip in 2013, when the figure fell to levels not seen since the 19th century. This year's uptick comes amid increased tension between police and the public following the high-profile deaths of unarmed black men by white police officers, including that of Eric Garner in New York and Mike Brown in Ferguson, Missouri.
    The 15 ambush assaults on police officers this year compares to just five in 2013, but matched 2012 for the highest total since 1995, the report said."

http://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2014/12/30/report-police-gun-deaths-up-still-below-average

9. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

There are a lot on this site that openly proclaim that they hate the police. No surprise that others are taking action and murdering those that are sworn to serve and protect. I get that there are bad cops, but there is a level of vitriol that is a little surprising.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It goes both ways. The number of people killed by police has also increased. What if these people think they are going to get killed by the 5 anyway.

And no one with a brain or any sense hates the police, they just hate dirty police officers. The police as a whole are important and needed, and the ones who do their jobs and do it correctly and fairly, should be respected and praised. The ones who don't shouldn't be police officers and should be held accountable for their actions like you and I and everyone else is.