Crime 2 NYPD officers fatally shot in ambush

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Dec 20, 2014.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Which brings me to another point.

ALL these dudes, white, black, orange whatever. They are all shady. Some of you make it sound as if Five-O is rolling through town just blasting people.

Look, I'm no choir boy but I'd say I live almost close to right. These cats all have had run ins with the law for whatever reason. Quit doing dumb shit to begin with and your risk of getting shot drops by 90% instantly.

HalloweenRun and Bengal B like this.
  2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

agreed, what about the kid in the stairwell with his girlfriend in NYC. what did he do to increase his chance by 90%?

3. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I have had about 100% negative interactions with police. I think most are flaming a-holes. Having stated that (repeatedly) I have never been in a situation where I was told to stop, freeze, get um up, or anything like that, and if that happens, i sure as hell am not gonna ask how high. It is so damn simple!

Bengal B, LaSalleAve and shane0911 like this.
  4. shane0911

Need more info, I have no idea what you are talking about.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You compared him to The Reverend Al Sharpton, who has never held an office, much less Mayor of New York (which is where the issue is, remember?). It's absurd.

So what? He is still influential, which was my point.

Ask any guy in California street who Deblasio is and get a blank look. Then ask them if they've heard of a guy named Rudy Giuliani.

6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

two nypd officers doing a routine sweep in a housing complex, guy is walking down the stairs with his girlfriend, cop says he was startled shoots and kills the guy, happened last month. For everyone just complying doesnt always work, no matter how many times you and HWR say it.

7. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Here is what I could find on the stairwell deal. Clearly a FU!

"Gurley was gunned down when probationary Officer Peter Liang’s .9 mm accidentally discharged, with a bullet ricocheting off the wall and tearing into his chest, sources said.

A devastated Liang “was a crying mess,” a police source told the Daily News. “Breathing heavy. He was sitting on the floor for 45 minutes. He was a mess.”

His partner, in a version of Thursday night’s events echoed by Mayor de Blasio and NYPD Commissioner Bill Bratton, said the fatal shooting was a bizarre mistake."
    ---------

To equate this with the Gentle Giant (who attacked a police officer) and the "Can't breathe guy" (who was a habitual criminal killed under the supervision of a black supervisor) is disingenuous.

The stairway shooting has nothing to do with the VICTIM being black, the cop could not even see the guy, the stairs were dark (the lights were replaced later that day). It was a ricochet. Clearly the officer is totally in the wrong here, but murder, no. If unable to see the obvious difference, I am sorry.

But hear me, please, this was a true tragedy, the officer was in the wrong, no one even disputes that.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If that's what really happened in Ferguson than I'm on the side of Officer Wilson, unless he shot him in the back while he was running away.

I'm all for police using deadly force on those who have firearms or pose an immediate deadly threat on them. 12 year old with a toy pistol does not pose any threat much less an immediate deadly one.

None of us will ever know what happened with Brown so I can't really argue with the outcome, not enough evidence to say either way.

I mean we talk about the history of gangs and fatherless children and this and that in the black community but it's wrong to talk about the history of crooked police? That is so hypocritical.

9. shane0911

It's all in the report. Browns blood inside the cruiser, he was shot while trying to take the cops gun. But of course he was a gentle giant.

No he was punk thug who got exactly what he had coming. If not in this situation it would have been soon.

Bengal B likes this.
  10. shane0911

@LSUMASTERMIND @HalloweenRun

2 pretty different stories there. Accidents happen. Should not be lumped in with the others imo.

Curious to know why the officer fired if he had not identified a target.