16 Year Streak

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GregLSU, Oct 17, 2016.

1. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

LSU has been to a bowl game every season since 2000, and now in 2016 LSU faces the very real possibility of not bowling this post season.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Where did you read its a real possibility. Teams 2 games under .500 went to bowls recently. Lsu might be invited to a bowl at 5-7 certainly 6-6.

We can win 2 of 6 can't we.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Eaux won't be here if we don't, so yes we can. I was having some doubts after the first quarter vs S Miss.

4. Cajinkid

Cajinkid Veteran Member

Ole Miss and Florida are the only two games i see us winning . Alabama is miles ahead of everybody , Arkansas always beats us , and on the road against a&m 5 days after a physical game against florida will be tough . I don't see it happening

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

It's a tough row to hoe but there is no game we can't win (yes even against the gumps). It starts Saturday and I believe we have easily enough talent, depth and now coaching to run the gauntlet. I see OM & the Gayturds as very doable. The piggies depends on how we handle the gumps but we owe them. The faggies are a hell of a challenge but let's see how they look after 4 more weeks in the SECW.

6. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Two in a row is "always?" (LSU took three straight from 2011-2013)

65Grad, StaceyO and TigerTap like this.
  7. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

It's a very difficult schedule ahead of us. With Miles as coach I could see the doubt that we don't make it. With the way LSU is playing, plus the confidence I have no doubt we make a bowl. First off, there are too many bowls, when .500 teams are bowling that's too many.

While Bama has had our number recently LSU went into the game expecting to lose. I don't see that this year. LSU has the talent to match Bama. The key will be the OL. We need to be healthy going into that game. We need holes for the backs and time for Etling along with the quick passes. Our D should match up pretty well with Bama. If we lose it's because they're better that night, not because we lost it or expected to lose. I'm cool with that. However I feel good we can beat them.

The week to week battles though may be too much but we will make a bowl.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Don't try to get ahead of yourself. Bama could be shit tons better that night and every other night. We could play better than them and piss the game away. We will have to let it play out.

And this offensive coach thing is simply what schools do. They usually hire opposite of the prior coach fired. It's human nature. Doesn't mean we have to or it's the right thing to do.. But when fans are sick of a shit offense for so long you can understand that needs to be fixed first.

And yeah defense may win championships just not like they used to. Nick saban didn't hire Kiffen for shits and giggles.

9. Cajinkid

Cajinkid Veteran Member

Under Bielema , sorry I forgot to clarify my comment . We only beat them once under Bielema , and the one game we did win was close when he had a horrible team . I don't expect us to walk away with a victory like the last two weeks . Expecially if we drop games to BAMA and maybe Ole Miss .

10. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

At the end of the day sure, offenses need to adapt and be creative. However Saban is dominating college football because of DEFENSE, his offense is lagniappe. The SEC dominated college football because of DEFENSE, not offense. When the SEC went up against these high flying Big 12 and Pac 10 offense they won more times than not because the SEC D could slow them down then rack up points against their pathetic offenses.

Also, Coach O and Ensminger are doing an exceptional job when you consider that they did not have time to implement the offense they truly want to run. LSU has eliminated the stupid false starts and relaying the plays in that plagued the Miles tenure.

Winston1 likes this.