14 Things You Didn't Know About Krispy Kreme

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Bengal B, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Those things are fucking disgusting...

KyleK likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So what is your favorite brand of doughnut?

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

MLU is just a douche. she cant help herself. and a really weird one at that.

Bengal B likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I struggle to understand your comment. I can understand that Krispy Kremes may not be your favorite doughnut. Maybe you grew up on the East Coast where Dunkin' Donuts dominate the market. I find Dunkin' to be rather bland but there's no accounting for taste. When they had those Tony's Donuts that were made in Baton Rouge and sold at almost every convenience store I thought they were great but they were a bit grease laden so if you called Tony's disgusting I could understand.

Do you have dietary restrictions that prevent you from enjoying those perfectly baked and glazed little bits of heavenly joy? Maybe you are on a gluten free diet. If not then maybe you should try the chocolate glazed KKs.
    A perfect on the run breakfast is 3 glazed Krispy Kremes and 3 chocolate glazed Krispy Kremes washed down with a steaming cup of coffee or even better hot cocoa.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

KK are not bad. Over the years in BTR, Tonys and Jays were hard to beat. Dunkin are ok, when nothing else is around.

7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

They're too sweet to taste like anything other than pure sugar. and it's not even a good sugar taste. They're too airy to be much of anything. Dunkin' Donuts are no better than what you get from WalMart. Their coffee is shit. People who rave over their coffee have never had a good cup of coffee.

My favorite in the world is Shipley's in Monroe. Jay's and Mary Lea's are ok. I don't really eat donuts anymore because I just don't care for what is out there. There is a little shop down the street from me here in Mesa, AZ that does an ok job if you get them when they're fresh, otherwise they turn into a brick of bread which baffles me.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I grew up in New Orleans eating McKenzie's. None better.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

was she hot and sweet?

StaceyO likes this.
  10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Put a Krispy Creme next to a hot beignet and tell me which is crispy and sweet and which is the disgusting lump of dough and icing.