13 Cover Ups and Counting

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUMASTERMIND, May 26, 2015.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

do you work in this field?

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

No. I'm a statistic, the kind that never told. Once I became a mom, I became focused and educated so my kids would never have to go through what I did. I have and do still spend many hours a week involved in their non-school activities....I watch, I interfere when I see things that I know are not okay. I get certified every year including a background check as anyone working with kids should so it amazes me that so many care providers, teachers, coaches, still get access to kids. You would be surprised to find out how many parents willingly let/trust another person to be alone with their minor child.

When the Megan's Law website first became available in CA, you could only view it on computers at the Sheriff's office or when they held community education events. I took my kids to get their fingerprints done, provide a recent picture, etc and I signed a waiver to look at all the faces of convicted sex abusers living near me. It was beyond scary and creepy. It took me about a month to adjust.....for the first few weeks, almost every man I saw around town, looked like someone on the list. Now we can view the site on our home computers. I check every few months or so.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  3. LSUMASTERMIND

I know you are not looking for sympathy, but I am truly sorry that you are a statistic.

red55 likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Give her credit though she's good. She schooled me in this thread. Although I wouldn't say that was a major accomplishment I mean it is me.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

no doubt!
    shes incredibly smart

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I appreciate it. :)
    You're stubborn, not stupid.

FTR....I have never left my kids alone with any male not their father. I have no brothers so that includes uncles, cousins, grandfathers, neighbors, coaches, teachers, clergy. I hope the Duggar girls are doing the same.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Vigilance in parents is very wise concerning all the people around their children, including other children. But your particular comment gives rise to two questions: Do you imagine that females do not also abuse? Do you realize how many more males have spent lifetimes protecting women and children?

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

While it's wise to be vigilante not all men who are not the children's father are automatically bad people. My God woman! If you can't trust people like your own father who is the children's grandfather if he has never shown any signs of being abusive in any way that borders on paranoia. And when you say "any male not their father are you including boys the same age as your daughters? In previous posts in other threads you have extolled your own father as a very good and wise man.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It's funny you mention that one of the Robertsons from up there in Monroe West Mississippi is claiming he was sexually molested by a girl on his school bus.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Obviously not, I know they do. However not nearly at the same rate and I can't be at all places at all times. So when they have been alone with another adult, it's been a woman.

Yes, of course. That changes nothing for me. All I can say is you would have had to walk in my shoes to understand my choices.
    I don't think all men are evil nor do I see the boogey man around every corner. I have made decisions to limit potential harm based on my own experiences. In other words, I'm like all other parents, just doing the best I can.
    Obviously.
    My dad was very much a good and wise man. He also lived far enough away that he was never really an option for childcare. I suppose if necessary, I would have elected to have him watch my kids.

No, I was not really including boys of the same age as my daughter or my son. However, they have never been left with other same-aged kids unsupervised....to my knowledge. I know I can't create a perfect world or even a bubble. I can however do a lot of things to keep them out of harm's way. I prefer to do that then have them suffer because I didn't do enough. That may not make sense to you but again, you'd have to understand where I'm coming from. Don't we all do our best as parents based largely on the good and bad from our own childhoods?