10-3 with a bowl win mark it down

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Guillotine, Nov 8, 2017.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Seems like you’ve been pretty down on O, so the confidence caught me a little by surprise. I agree with your sentiment, and I’m sure moving forward, any regular season loss would rock our confidence.

2. Guillotine

Guillotine One Vicious Dude

Every new coach gets a rebuilding year right? A chance to bring in his own staff and talent (despite being considered our top recruiter before taking the job). That's a free pass to go 6-6 or 10-3. I bet old Bill Cosby wasn't claiming VICTORY every week until he was able to get the routine down, surround himself with enablers then gradually worked his way up and perfecting his skill sets. Not that im comparing Cliff Huxstable with Ed but I guess they had a similar view one game at a time/one victim at a time lol. That was a terrible analogy but im to lazy to backspace.

At this point anything that happens from here on out would be considered a pretty decent full first year. CEO has done a fantastic job so far. LSU couldn't have done any better with any coach then what CEO has done with this football team. Falling to a cupcake can be a beneficial eye opener. I bet he plots better next time with an extra dose JIC. He moved us away from that predictable run up the middle Les crap and I am willing to bet our D is still one of the top ranked in the division, SEC or top 25? We may not win out but no way in hell we will lose out. I am also willing to bet that Ed was able to land a few commitments at that bama game. We were a few DEEP BALLZ away from getting right back in it.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well we've got a pretty easy schedule with what looks like lame duck head coaches throughout. When is the last time we've ended the season with three head coaches slated to all get fired? Pretty crazy.

The bowl game is another story, but I'm just going off the drubbing of a near top 10 Louisville team that we embarrassed.

The jury is still out on Coach O, and the results on the field may not be his biggest question mark. Unless something big happens quick, we're going to have our weakest recruiting class since the recruiting sites published this kind of stuff. That's the biggest concern going forward for Coach O. We need to recover from the fallout of the MSU and Troy losses. I hope we can.

Bayou Tiger and lsu-i-like like this.
  4. lsu-i-like

How does it meet needs? Les always had great recruiting classes, but somehow never a QB, and now the cupboard is anything but bursting on the lines, and of all positions, WR. Not that we don’t have prototype WRs, but if they don’t have it between the ears, what use are they? Not to mention the general exodus to Bama.

O definitely needs to turn around recruiting, and he’s made a big stride in changing the trajectory on the field. This is supposed to be his strong suit - is it a case of too late to the party, especially considering the new signing period?

Hell, I kind of feel like Wade landing the kid from Scotlandville helps. Turn around both sports at LSU, make it a legit national destination again like it was in Miles’ heyday.

5. lsu-i-like

6. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

One step closer.

lsu-i-like likes this.