1 in 25 million, or, in lay terms, impossible.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Dec 13, 2004.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

What are we talkin' bout?
    Exit Polls?
    We talkin' bout exit polls man.
    We talk...
    We talkin' bout exit polls.
    We talkin' bout exit polls.
    We ain't talkin' bout the actual vote count,
    we talkin' bout exit polls, man. ​

2. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

I don't know exit polls or elections. I know all about paranoia and conspiracy theories though.

The way I figure it no matter what we do to change the system to make it auditable the losers will always scream that the vote was fixed. That's what losers do, which is cool.

So I figure it's just cheaper for everyone to make their own/buy an AFDB in time for the next election. That way they can't be brain washed and turned into a zombie by either party.

3. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Number one, I don't know if you are referring to me as one of the people who insulted you, but if you are, I have not done so in this thread. I replied to the tin foil comment in lsugrad00's post. Nothing insulting about what I said; I thought it was interesting you used "tin foil" instead of aluminum foil. I do so myself, and generally people outside my rural hometown look at me like I'm crazy because they have no idea what I'm talking about. It actually got me wondering if tin foil was an approved usage, so I Googled it to see what I came up with. The site I posted popped up and I thought it was pretty funny given his earlier comment about the hats. Nothing against you, so no need to get defensive.

As for audits of our presidential elections, I do think it would be good to have some sort of auditing system in place. However your reasoning based on exit poll results is off base in my opinion. I think the same people who claim fraud and conspiracy in an election will do the same thing if the outcome of an audit also goes against their desired result. Some people are going to cry conspiracy no matter what. The question then becomes how many times do you have to audit the audit to make everyone happy?

4. lsugrad00

So now it's all my fault! :angry: :wink: :wink:

5. Rex

Rex Founding Member

I didn't say you insulted me...

and I appreciate that you didn't.

As for "tin foil," I've been using that term all my life, interchangeably with "aluminum foil." I know it's not tin!

There would be no need to "audit the audit." An audit would mostly consist of a physical count of paper ballots, by members of all concerned parties.

It is beyond preposterous that a software company can tell us any number at all, regardless of support, and we're supposed to accept it on faith. That's a recipe for greed, manipulation, and fraud.

I think that's obvious. Anybody who opposes an auditable paper trail, in my view, has nefarious motives.

6. lsugrad00

Do they write a different software program for each election?

I mean that would be pretty damn stupid if you ask me. I would think that the program would simply keep a tally of how many times a button was pressed for choice 'x'. The program would have no knowledge of the candidates, parties, etc.

7. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Well, you've got to remember this has only been an big issue since 2000. At the rate the federal government moves, I'm sure they'll have something in place in the next 10 - 20 years. I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything sooner than that.

8. lsugrad00

make a couple of AFDB jokes and they all write you off a crazy!!

9. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

It's because they are all under the control of the NWO. Now go save your pets, before it's too late!!! :eek:

10. lsugrad00

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: