1 in 25 million, or, in lay terms, impossible.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

An election system that is not auditable is a disgrace and an affront to democracy. It is a recipe for manipulated control of the masses. It is, in fact, more than an affront, but an end to responsible democracy.

It is very suspicious that the swings in battleground states were many orders of magnitude greater than in the non-critical states:

http://home.earthlink.net/~drrboylan/dsa/stolen08.html

Before you go running off calling Mr. Baiman a tin-foil hat wearer, google his name and become familiar with his respected career and body of work. Also, before you pooh-pooh statistical analysis remember that the modern world could not function without it.

2. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Don't take this the wrong way - I mean it with the utmost sincerity. If you are still obsessed with this you really need to take up a hobby or two to occupy your time.

3. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Er,

marc, I should not be concerned about election fraud, or the pillars of our democracy?

I mean this quite sincerely and respectfully: you're not a worthy citizen if you don't.

4. rickyd

rickyd Founding Member

I suppose that since your beloved scientists have determined this feat to be impossible, this just might be a good time for you to re-evaluate your belief in GOD. :thumb:

See miracles do happen, we were saved from John Fricken Kerry! :rofl: :hihi: :lol:

5. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Er,

I also heard right wingers claiming the early exit polls were so far off because they were slanted toward Kerry in an attempt to sway voters who voted later in the day - either to encourage indecisive voters to go for Kerry or discourage Bush supporters to the point they would stay home. I didn't give any more thought to their claims than I do to these. Anyone who wants to do so can claim a fix, no matter which side they are on. I don't think you can prove it either way. I'd like to see a very specific breakdown of the exit polls myself, just out of curiosity. I vote in a rural district, and not once have I seen an exit poll person there during an election. My guess (and it is just my guess, because I don't know exactly how these things are done) is that a large percentage of exit polling is probably done in larger cities. The same larger cities we know voted predominately for Kerry. But as we also know from the map you posted previously it wasn't necessarily the larger cities that elected Bush.

6. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

anyone with any sense at all knows that you have to wear an aluminum foil hat to prevent the evil republican conspiracy from stealing your vote! :shock: :shock:

[​IMG]

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

rex, what do you think about the polls that came out previous to the election, yunno the days leading up to the election, they showed bush with a lead, lots and lots of polls.

8. lsugrad00

martin if you would have been wearing you aluminum foil hat you would have seen that the polls were a right wing conspiracy. watch out for the black helicopters.

9. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Guess I have to take up for Rex a little on this one. Out in the country we refer to aluminum foil as tin-foil. I admit I did have Rex pegged as more of a city slicker though. :hihi:

10. lsugrad00

well I just didn't want him to go out back and hammer him a hat out of a spare piece of tin and expect it to work. you have to have the right equipment. Always be prepared.