…and A&M goes down!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CaryLab, Sep 10, 2022.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

I'm thinking that NIL has the psychological impact of stifling motivation. I could be wrong, it's rather early in the game. We'll see, but I don't think A&M's number one class will pan out for them on the field.

2. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I agree that most of those players will not live up to expectations simply because Jimbo isn't good at developing players. I can't name on player that was drafted in the top 10 of an NFL draft that was coached by Jimbo, with the exception of Winston. Jimbo is good at winning a big game a year, but he's not a program builder. He ran FSU into the dirt and he's going to do the same at A&M. Discussions are already being had about possibly getting rid of him as early as this year!

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Did you hear that from your neighbors in College Station?

4. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

I have not….

shane0911 likes this.
  5. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Thanks guys. Probably our biggest marquee win since Michigan. This one was different and better in a lot of ways. We were a lot faster than those huge Big Ten bruisers and we used our speed to our advantage.

I just watched this one on replay. This time we stood toe to toe and traded body shots with A&M. We imposed our will on a team with 56 4&5 star recruits (to our 1). At their place, on grass in 100+ degree field temperature. We were missing our top running back and our two best defensive players.
    1. We don't usually play well west of the Mississippi.
    2. We don't usually play well on grass. We've been playing on plastic since the early 70's.
    3. We don't usually play well in heat like that. Average summer temp in Boone is mid to upper 70's.
    4. We lost our last 3 games. Sun Belt Championship, bowl game and UNC. We don't lose 3 in a row, I looked and couldn't find that it ever happened. I'm sure it has but I couldn't find it.

Hats off to the strength and conditioning staff.
    We have a loaded running back room.
    Our guys have a lot of grit.

Unless Jimbo hires a new Offensive coordinator and gives up control of that, A&M will win about 8 games a year. And they might not win that many this year.

6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Jimbo reminds me of a more competent but infinitely as stubborn Les with his offensive philosophy and square peg/rnd hole QBs.

CaryLab, Winston1, TBTrumpet and 2 others like this.
  7. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I don't think fans give Les enough credit. He won almost 10 games a year for 11 seasons in the toughest division in college football and won a natty. How many other coaches can even come close to that record? It was time for him to go, but that eventually happens to all the coaches. As for Jimbo, his ego is so big I don't think he will ever give up the play calling duties because that means he wasn't getting the job done and I can't see Jimbo doing that. I've never really understood the fascination with him as a coach because to me he was medicore at best. I have no doubt he'll be fired within the next two years because he's peaked as a HC. He doesn't know how to build a team and compete for a NC.

CaryLab likes this.
  8. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

2 years? If he loses to Miami this coming Sat. and to Arkansas the following week (both realistic possibilities), he could be gone in 2 weeks.

furduknfish likes this.
  9. furduknfish

Think hes 2yrs into a 10yr/$100M contract. They can him, they owe $80M.

#shitgonnagetril

10. furduknfish

That moving avg drops off real sharp once gumps and gnome king got rollin.

@shane0911 gonna love this...

APPTiger and shane0911 like this.